Why are books 11 & 12 not scanlated by now?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Paltenon

Why are books 11 & 12 not scanlated by now?

Post by Paltenon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:27 pm

I realize that chapter 27 from book 11 has been translated into english, but where's the rest? It's shocking to me that there's been no attempt by any team of scanlators after all this time to translate books 11 & 12, not to mention all those character and design books, for those of us FSS lovers who cannot read Japanese.

I know scanlation can't be easy, and it's a privilege to get to read any translations at all, but I can think of several ongoing manga series that I'm able to read in english mere days after they're published in Japan, so it's not as if competent scanlations have to be years in the making. Are there just so few FSS fans that it's never going to happen, or is there someone we can beg to take on this project?

Honestly, having read a lot of scanlated manga, I've seen more than a few outright sophomoric titles that scanlators have poured their energy into...so why does a series as high in quality and as unique as FSS recieve no love?

Sorry, had to vent! :cry:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why are books 11 & 12 not scanlated by now?

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm

I share your frustration. I'd really like to read through the 2 volumes in English just to know what's going on.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

scarlettphantom

Post by scarlettphantom » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:41 am

I for one would love to read thru all of volume 11 and 12. If it has not been scanlated by now, Thou I doubt its gonna get done by any of the scan crews. Maybe we could find someway of putting together a crew or maybe we could take donations and hire someone to do it

Hel

Post by Hel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:35 am

Well i understand but here is my situation - first: i understand only the basic of japanese , second my lil daugther pass befor anything else , trio the thing call work ... im finishing the side story of vol 12 in jap for the end of september ( sorry i like the chivalry to much ;) and the second part of vol 11 by the end of the year with a little luck ) but... i wanna read vol 13 jap :D

scarlettphantom

Post by scarlettphantom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:20 pm

so are you saying that you can possibly do the translations of this if you had more time?

Hel

Post by Hel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:47 am

yes, but it will suck, sorry, my jap is almost none and it take me alot of time to translate a page... but yes eventually

scarlettphantom

Post by scarlettphantom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:46 pm

i am patient i can wait.. looking forward to it :D