Character Power Balance

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Character Power Balance

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:08 am

I've did some translation on the Chara Power Balance

The image is saved in a temporary storage from image shack and it will be deleted if its not accessed for some time.

Notice Lachi and Suezo are at the bottom of the list :D Nagano's joke? I wont take the list too seriously :wink:
Last edited by Rubel Colus on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:12 am

:shock: :D

yowza! Spector is more powerful than anything except Kallen in the URI? I thought that he was the first to die in the final assaults?

Maybe that is part of the joke with Lachy...

Thanks for doing this work!!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:17 am

Overlord ?
Satan ?

A few characters I've never heard of before.

Where do the traditional mech/knights fit into this spectrum (Bang Doll, A-Toll, Siren ?) are they the 'average knights' ?

Excellent Job ! Very Interesting.
Last edited by Hydra Mirage on Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:17 am

errm SPOILERS.

Spector is infact Joker, so he is a "devine" being. His death might be more than meets the eye, since it was told that he died without a fight (killed in his LED Mirage). Some unconfirmed rumours said it might be his way of showing defiance to Amaterasu, or he might need to "die" in this physical world in order to transcend back to his "godly" realm. We just have to wait for Nagano to explain it himself

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:30 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Overlord ?
Satan ?

A few characters I've never heard of before.

Where do the traditional mech/knights fit into this spectrum (Bang Doll, A-Toll, Siren ?) are they 1 ?

Excellent Job ! Very Interesting.
Overlord seems to be a general title for the leaders of those "demons", such as OPQL, タンツミンレ (sounds like Tan-tsu-min-ley) etc.

Normal knights are at 1, normal MHs are same as Super Empire's Sword Saints, which are over 1000+. Probably the better MHs such as Bang are on the higher end of that level, but below Max/ Nein.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:34 am

Whoa, I just searched through FSS.
At first I thought Spector was Bosjathfort then Shaft.
So Spector is the court jester ?

When does he die in an LED ? I couldn't find that anywhere.

Suire & Dragon ?
Astarote ?

Max - is that Maximum ? I vaguely remember this character.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:41 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Whoa, I just searched through FSS.
At first I thought Spector was Bosjathfort then Shaft.
So Spector is the court jester ?

When does he die in an LED ? I couldn't find that anywhere.

Suire & Dragon ?
Astarote ?

Max - is that Maximum ? I vaguely remember this character.
Spector - Mirage Knight Right Wing # 8 (2nd Generation) yes, tat "jester". Supposingly dies during the Grand Invasion when he rides his LED Mirage for the first time. >.<

Suire - Also known as Arch the Water Dragon, the one who summoned the 5 dragons in the "Water Dragon" side story. Dragons are the LED, Blue, Green, Black and Gold Dragons of Kastenpo.

Astarote - (sounds like tat :p) Appears in Jap Vol 9. Empress of Flame instructed him/her to warp Svans to Delta Belune. Looks like an alien bug. Strangely enough, her feet looks very similar to [guess what].... :wink: (sidenote: This name seems to appear in some stories of the underworld.)

Max - Also known as Takiko when young, Maximum/Max when awakened? Known as M.X. in Taika. Son of Kaien and Meeth (Auxo surrogate? mum), married to Silvis of Taika and forefather to U.R.I. Max is the most powerful knight in all of Joker's history including Super Empire Era, yet he have a hard time understanding about simple "common sense" stuff. Such as why they cannot attack the Hathuha palace when Meeth and Auxo are still in it. He is indifferent to the fact that he might kill his mother in the attack.

Take Note tat: Priminence in that chart is NOT the MH piloted by Dai Gu Fillmore. He is infact a knight (a sword saint) of the Super Empire era. Notice that some familar names are infact well-known characters from the super empire era, such as Neptune, Vai-o-La, Kastenpo, Vatsu, etc. Knights of the Super Empire Era are much more stronger than those in the Joker era.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:22 am

I knew it!

I knew it!

I knew it!

I've been saying this all along.

Rognar is in fact, the strongest Headdliner in the FSS.

Amaterasu doesn't count because he's destined to become Joker's ultimate divine being.

I did think Max would be stronger than Rognar, but apparently not!

And I didn't think he'd be stronger than a Led Mirage. Is the Maximum Buster Typhoon that powerful?
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:32 am

Another "theory" of mine that is correct.

Super Empire Machine Messiah are more powerful than Joker Era MH's with the exception of Led Mirage. (and Jagd and KOG etc)

Okay, this was a gimme, but I remember having a discussion about this topic with some people over at Heika who thought Joker era MH's should be more powerful simply because they were newer...
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:41 am

Mwahaha, that's no wonder why I took this pseudo :twisted: (well it's just a pseudo :roll: )

Well concerning Rognar, maybe Nagano should have written his strengh varies (well I guess).
Cuz' if he's so strong, why can't he take Vos Jasforst (well you see who^^) blast in book 10 ?
Is Vos Jasforst (well you see who^^) so powerful ? Any idea where he would be on this power chart ?

Also maybe each time Rognar re-borns, his strengh makes a jump.

Thanks for those translations Rubel (Rubel ? Colus ? Rubel Colus ? Is it a character name ? Colus VI first name ? I don't remember this name)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:05 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I knew it!

Rognar is in fact, the strongest Headdliner in the FSS.

Amaterasu doesn't count because he's destined to become Joker's ultimate divine being.

I did think Max would be stronger than Rognar, but apparently not!

And I didn't think he'd be stronger than a Led Mirage. Is the Maximum Buster Typhoon that powerful?
Rognar is not exactly... "human". So dont incur his wrath by comparing him to the likes of Kaien or any headliner :p

In NT 2003-Aug, Rognar commented that he is displeased with people comparing him to Kaien, saying that Kaien is merely a human. Rognar also disclosed that he had once lost to タンツミンレ (Tan-tsu-min-ley) - the Emperor of SATAN (those demons).

MBT is definately powerful enough to break the armors of MHs, as demonstrated by Rognar. The monster conjured by Vos during his Float Temple attack has skin as thick as MH armors, yet Rognar took it down with MBT. However, Kaien is also able to use MBT - as shown in the Kaien vs Madora flashback in Vol11. So I dont think it is MBT that determines Rognar to be one of the top in that chart.

Falk wrote:Mwahaha, that's no wonder why I took this pseudo :twisted: (well it's just a pseudo :roll: )

Well concerning Rognar, maybe Nagano should have written his strengh varies (well I guess).
Cuz' if he's so strong, why can't he take Vos Jasforst (well you see who^^) blast in book 10 ?
Is Vos Jasforst (well you see who^^) so powerful ? Any idea where he would be on this power chart ?

Also maybe each time Rognar re-borns, his strengh makes a jump.

Thanks for those translations Rubel (Rubel ? Colus ? Rubel Colus ? Is it a character name ? Colus VI first name ? I don't remember this name)
About Rognar vs Vos' Absolute Zero spell attack, Rognar did it to save Sarion. If Vos was to face Rognar one vs one, it seems quite possible Vos would be the loser. That's why Vos conjured that monster to avoid fighting Rognar.

Remember Nagano mentioned that there is no such thing as a "absolute" win in a fight. External factors such as state of mind and experience affect the outcome. Examples: Kaien vs AT, Harper (Intercity) vs Spalituda, etc. I think this is very true just like in reality, sometimes we can perform better given the right conditions. Experience is a very important factor, so yeah, I'd say Rognar would be stronger each time he's reborn, since he accumulates all his past experience.

Empress of Flame (Nein) is definitely the most powerful human in all of Joker history. Thus, Vos would be lower then her.

ラベル・ジューダ (pronounced Ra-bel Jude) is actually Colus XXVI. I used his first name and mixed it with his real last name :D I think Rubel Jude didnt know his real identity until some time later. I'm thinking Rubel comes from the word Rebel as in Rebellion? =X Anyway, he seems to be Colus XXIII reborn, just like me (my nick Colus_III died in WaxTrax, reborn in GearsOnline :p)

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:55 pm

Is it me, or has Rognar been in the story very little so far (english translations).

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:24 pm

Excellent work, Rubel! Thanks for the translation. Can I get your permission to copy this image and add it to the FSS site here at Gears Online? I'll credit you for the translation and contribution.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:43 pm

sure, u're welcome to use/edit the pic, i might have made some spelling mistakes tho :p

Hydra Mirage wrote:Is it me, or has Rognar been in the story very little so far (english translations).
coz everytime he appears, he wins. 8)

Besides, we need more stories on other characters such as Alan Bradford, Jhon, etc. :wink:

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:34 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:ラベル・ジューダ (pronounced Ra-bel Jude) is actually Colus XXVI. I used his first name and mixed it with his real last name :D I think Rubel Jude didnt know his real identity until some time later. I'm thinking Rubel comes from the word Rebel as in Rebellion? =X Anyway, he seems to be Colus XXIII reborn, just like me (my nick Colus_III died in WaxTrax, reborn in GearsOnline :p)
M'kay thanks, btw, has anyone tried to log on WaxTrax ? Since 2 days I can't, it either displays the login page you have to type your pseudo and password, or the menu frame but no content, the background is all black.
I hope it's not already closed totally, whether WaxTrax moves here or on the board Coby shoud set up, nothing is official (though it's harder to do anything official as there's no commander in chief^^).
Hydra Mirage wrote:Is it me, or has Rognar been in the story very little so far (english translations).
Not especially Rognar, but when reading FSS I wonder where some characters are sometimes. For instance during the Colus Vs Hagooda war, well ok, maybe there's only 3 LED Mirage because it's a secret operation and blablablah, but what are doing all the others ? Some are guarding the float temple for sure, but I don't think it required 90% of the AKD Mirage Knights.

Edit : THe problem with WaxTrax was because of my stupid firewall... -_-
Last edited by Falk on Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.