Character Power Balance

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:05 pm

Rognar's appearances thus far:

(note, these are the Japanese volumes, English equivalents will appear in parenthises)

Volume 1: (1-3) at the end as the Black clad Headdliner that protects Sop from pursuing guards. Rognar has the coolest line thus far utterred in either Manga or Animated film.

"This road is closed. Find another."

Volume 2: (4-5) Rognar shows up just in time to save Colus from Minminba mercenaries.

Volume 3: (6-8 ) Rognar shows up to witness the death of queen Almeimeios.

Volume 4: (9-10) No Rognar!

Volume 5: (11-12) Rognar has a conversation with Mel Zoom where they threaten each other. No action though.

Volume 6: (13-14) No Rognar

Volume 7: (15-17) No Rognar

Volume 8: (18-20) Rognar shows up during the escape from Float Temple in J.C. 4100 in the Speed Mirage. He dispatches a group of Cyber-enhanced God's Knights with little effort. Another cool line:

"One things for certain. You are by far the biggest liars in the galaxy..."

SWISSSH! (the sound of a dozen God's Knights dying instantly)

Volume 9: (21-23) No Rognar.

Volume 10: (24-26?) Rognar shows up during the Assualt on Float Temple by the Black Three. Fights a big nasty demon that Vos creates, then saves Sarion from Vos' Absolute Zero blast.

Volume 11: (27-29?) No Rognar. He's still regenerating!

Volume 12: (30+) The new Rognar appears to protect young Magdall and her bodyguard Haird Grover. He appears to be a mere child of 30 or so (about 8 or 9 in terran years) but his very presence scares the bejeezus outta a bunch of experienced Headdliners. Nuff Said!

Rognar is, indeed, The Man!
Shinei!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:51 am

Rubel Colus wrote:errm SPOILERS.
Yes, I remember that part, but I would have expected to see the two forms listed separately....

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:37 pm

Does anyone know how or why Rognar can regenerate ?

(oops, this is kind of answered in another thread)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:17 pm

Rognar posseses what is known as the "Daughter Chip", which is remnant Super Empire technology. It allows Rognar to be completely regenerated from death (via advanced Cloning technology) with his memories and personality intact. Joker science can clone and regnerate people as well, but not with memories intact.

In volume 9 (English books 21-23) we see the Empress of Flame give Ladios Focuslight the last "blank" daughter chip...this is the one that Rognar posseses.
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:22 pm

I thought that Ladios Focuslight and the last "blank" daughter chip resulted in Ladios Sopp / Amaterasu... (I'm sure I'm completely wrong!)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:09 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:I thought that Ladios Focuslight and the last "blank" daughter chip resulted in Ladios Sopp / Amaterasu... (I'm sure I'm completely wrong!)
Nope. Amaterasu came from a "virgin birth". He's got nothing to do with the Daughter. Thats all Rognar.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:10 am

updated with some names that I left out, and sp correction :P
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:48 pm

Wasn't Ned Svans meant to be the super empire's paramount Chevalier, or is he less powerful in JC than he was before? I'd have thought he would be rated like the super empire's knights. (I've only read up to 9, but don't mind spoilers)

And what's with the Lachesis at the bottom there?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 am

Ned Svans was the last of the Super Empires' Pure Blood Chevalier. However, it seems like the Super Empire left very soon after he was 'created'(?). In vol 9, we saw the Super Empire returning to Joker for the first time after they left (AD8383) and Skinz said Ned was just a baby/little kid (forgot :P) when they left.

I suspect 2 reasons why he is ranked lower than the average Super Empire Chevalier.

- He did not receive training to be a Super Empire Chevalier.

- When he was re-awakened in JC 2200, he was later "weakened" so that he can have kids with his wife (Saloon Basco).

I think it was a combination of these two reasons.

Also, one thing to note is that Super Empire Sword Saints status is different from the JC Sword Saint. JC Sword Saint is given to only one knight at any one time, but Super Empire Sword Saints can be more than one.

The thing about Lachesis is probably Nagano's joke. Maybe he's trying to tell u not to take the power chart seriously. ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)