Newtype Manga Scans

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:19 pm

Ah yes, Funfuto, not Borusha (Borusha was Shaman before Funfuto)

Very cool. So whats this got to do with Kallamity? I'm intrigued even more now....
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:09 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Ah yes, Funfuto, not Borusha (Borusha was Shaman before Funfuto)

Very cool. So whats this got to do with Kallamity? I'm intrigued even more now....
The way I see it: that part of the story is actually trying to explain to us the origin of Rognar. The following are just my thoughts, nothing official :)

****SPOILERS****

1. Rognar is King Kallamity Goderce. Quite obvious from the symbol of Babiron in the picture.

2. His purpose is to fight against the devils and stop them from obtaining the Water of Life. In the same issue, young Rognar mentioned about fighting the king of devils (and surprisingly losing to) タンツミンレ.

3. He is non-human. He is formed from the pearls from the Princess. He also mentioned that he is not pleased with people comparing him to a mere human (Kaien).

4. He is immortal. When the last pearl was used, Rognar "was engulfed in flames and achieved immortality" - which I think means that the Empress of Flame assisted Rognar in getting his "undying form" - probably means thru the use of the Doughter cloning chip he gets "immortality".

5. Princess Ieatta - the name of the princess who sacrificed herself. Coincidence that Rognar's fatima has a similar name? Or rather Ballance had learnt so much from his meeting with the dragons?

6. It is fated that Rognar will destroy Planet Kallamity.

One thing which i think is quite lame - the contradiction of dragons in Planet Kallamity or Planet Both, and how Nagano tries to say that myths might turn out quite different from the real facts that happened in the distant past. Although, it might be possible, there are more questions to be answered now. Why would the dragons migrate to Both? And why would the devils' "portal into the Joker Cluster be in Delta Belune? Why would the last incarnation of King Kallamity be born as Rognar in Babiron, a country in Delta Belune? Is he really "born" like a human?

I'm more interested to see if the Taika Rognar is still the same Rognar of Joker Cluster. :wink:

Either way, he is definately one of my favourites. some people say he is Nagano himself? 8)

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:19 pm

Hey Tachyon,
I just sent you Sept 03 > March 04, which should be all the episodes you are missing.
Let me know when you post the July 04 ep (the only one I don't have!)

ENJOY!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:02 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/

Now we're only missing June, July & August from 2004.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:45 am

I finally get to see the issue with the fight between the MM: Auge and the Engage SR-1. WOW!

The AUGE has Incom Bits! (well, sort of)

And the Red Phantom....what power! To slice the arm and leg off of the new Helmine with a single Sonic Blade.

Great stuff...that just had to be the issue of Newtype that I'm missing...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:56 am

Tachyon wrote:http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/

Now we're only missing June, July & August from 2004.
GREAT!! Now I have all of them :D

I'm trying to re-send June/July/Aug 2004 to you now.

BTW, the latest NT is out, and its Promenade Part II. :shock:

if vol 12 is out by the end of this year, should we expect another Characters Book soon?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:35 pm

Maybe. There are some characters that appear in Volume 12 that aren't even in Smoke Walls. And if even more characters and MH's appear in Volume 13, that would probably warrant yet another Characters book :)

I'd love to see one. I'm always up to adding another book to my collection...
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:50 pm

About Wascha:

According to the Character Power chart, she's a "below average" HL (like Araragi) so I'm wondering how the hell she impressed a top of the line Ballanche fatima like Hugtrang. I mean, if you look at Hugtrang's guages, she's one of Ballanche's best masterpieces! (2A-3A-2A-3A-3A-????) Only the 3 Fates, Parthenon and Bakstual are better than Hugtrang! (yes, she beats Auxo and Megaira too)
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:32 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:About Wascha:

According to the Character Power chart, she's a "below average" HL (like Araragi) so I'm wondering how the hell she impressed a top of the line Ballanche fatima like Hugtrang. I mean, if you look at Hugtrang's guages, she's one of Ballanche's best masterpieces! (2A-3A-2A-3A-3A-????) Only the 3 Fates, Parthenon and Bakstual are better than Hugtrang! (yes, she beats Auxo and Megaira too)
Gotta agree that its quite strange why Hugtrang would chose Wascha as her master. It's possible that Wascha is not as weak as she seemed to be(she's got close blood ties with Amaterasu). Perhaps Wascha is similar to Aisha in that her power varies in different situations?

Another example: why would Megaera chose Voards as her master? Is it because of the incident with Voards when she was younger that left a deep impression, or was it purely due to Voards' strong headliner abilities?

We were told that the Fatimas will never chose the weak to be their master. However, given that those are Ballanche fatimas, perhaps they are different in some ways... :roll:

Either way, I'm quite sure there're more secrets with Hugtrang, we just have to wait for the story to unfold :wink: Waiting for someone to post the lastest NT (there's more Hugtrang and Wascha!!)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:57 pm

In 3031, Wascha is still a teenager, right?

The pics of Wascha grown up (she looks sooooo much like Aisha!) she's wearing the Cross of Blood, so does she replace Aisha after her sister retires from the FEMC? If so, she's gotta be well above average. There's no way Amat would recruit a below average HL to the FEMC. And why would he make a special MH just for her if she's likely to die the first time she takes it out for a test-drive?

There's gotta be more to Wascha than meets the eye.

Maybe she's like Viewlard...he came into his HL strength late, and even though 99% of those who gain the heritage after puberty tend to be severly limited as a HL, Viewlard didn't have that problem and is one of the strongest around (don't know if he's Knight Master status or not. Probably not since he hates the whole Headdliner/Nobility prejudice anyway)

Maybe she's just a late bloomer ;)
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:11 pm

You already know she's gonna die at her first test-drive ? How ?!

And why does Aisha retires from FEMC ?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:23 pm

Falk wrote:You already know she's gonna die at her first test-drive ? How ?!

And why does Aisha retires from FEMC ?
No no! Thats just a "What if" question. I was saying that if she's so far below other Headdliners, that it wouldn't take long for her to die if she were to go into serious combat. (sorta like Spector) So I'm thinking there has to be more to her than Nagano is revealing (which is pretty much status-quo when dealing with the Nagano-verse)

Aisha will eventually retire from the FEMC...I mean #1 she's getting quite over-the-hill. #2 she is Queen of Roumer now, so her duties might prevent her from frolicking about like she tends to do normally.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:42 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/

We now have everything after volume 11 up to September 2004. Thanks to everyone who submitted Newtype scans!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:57 am

whoa~~~!

I juz found out that wayyy back in vol 7 (Jp), when the fatima power gauges were first introduced, Alan Bradford had already mentioned about Hugtrang (and BF20 Hathsno-hortes) having the combat ability of 2A. Back then, I didnt even pay attention to this name (Hugtrang), and it was not listed in Ballanche fatima list. So Nagano had all these ready, just that he didnt release the names :evil:

Rubel Colus

NT 2004 October

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Thanks to ssdwx from fssun.net :D

http://gba.ouroad.org/misc_download/200 ... 200410.rar

Enjoy