Hello, new here!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Xhokhusmak

Hello, new here!

Post by Xhokhusmak » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:48 pm

I have a question...

I have the japanese books up to 12, but there is no indication of any development about Max, or several other characters. For example, Bacstual?? The BRIDE? Also Dai Gu being very powerful? I keep seeing these on FSS websites... Am I missing something? Thanks!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, new here!

Post by Tachyon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 am

Hello. Welcome to the message board. There are several people here more knowledgable than myself to answer your questions. Your questions seem a bit vague and unspecific to me but perhaps that's just because I lack the insight that others here possess.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Xhokhusmak wrote:I have a question...

I have the japanese books up to 12, but there is no indication of any development about Max, or several other characters. For example, Bacstual?? The BRIDE? Also Dai Gu being very powerful? I keep seeing these on FSS websites... Am I missing something? Thanks!
Much of the information discussed on this (and other) website(s) are gleaned from the various Characters and Designs series of books which includes a massive amount of background information on the individual characters and the world of the Joker galaxy as a whole.

Maximum's heritage was revealed in Japanese volume 11, explained in great detail by his mother, Meeth Silver Ballanche.

Bacstual hasn't appeared in the manga very much, but she's very instrumental in a lot of the development of AKD Mortar Headds. This info is included in the Characters series of source books.

The Bride is a character revealed in one of the latest Designs series source books.

Erniuth Dai Gu Fillmore is a relatively new character (been around since Japanese volume 10) and in volume 10 he revealed that he was trained by Dougalus Kaien. Not only that but in Characters 10: Knight Flags, it was revealed that he is of Pure Blood Headdliner heritage, which makes him powerful by default.
Shinei!

Xhokhusmak

Post by Xhokhusmak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:37 am

Thanks for that! This means I have to buy those expensive artbooks and ultimate collections doesn't it? -_-
Doesn't help that I am fairly bad at Japanese!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Xhokhusmak wrote:Thanks for that! This means I have to buy those expensive artbooks and ultimate collections doesn't it? -_-
Doesn't help that I am fairly bad at Japanese!
well, I would only suggest you buy those if you are a big FSS fanatic. If you only "like" the manga and want to read the story, they aren't necessary. But if you want to know everything, then yes they are necessary. If you can't read Japanese (like me, I can't read it) then they are essentially expensive artbooks. They can be notoriously difficult to obtain. (not as difficult as the english versions though)
Shinei!

Xhokhusmak

Post by Xhokhusmak » Thu May 07, 2009 8:32 am

okay, don't worry, I'm 90% sure I would get them later on.

Also, one more thing I haven't gathered any information on...

Who are those bug-eyed people in vol12? XD

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 am

The "bug-eyed people" in volume 12 are Headdliners belonging to the Empire Cornerra's Electro Knights. They tend to augment their bodies with Cybernetics in order to gain an edge against other headdliners during combat. The one's to whom you were referring may in fact be the "Guards of Xio", but I'm not 100% sure of this. Don't ask for an explaination on the Guards of Xio. At this point they are a pretty big mystery.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Xhokhusmak wrote:okay, don't worry, I'm 90% sure I would get them later on.
Also, one more thing I haven't gathered any information on...

Who are those bug-eyed people in vol12? XD
The two mysterious guys who appeared before the KAN prototype hologram, seems to be known as "Guards of Xio" - remnants of the Super Empire. One of the them is named B-B-A 6, and they are there to strike a deal with the Cornerra Empire. It seems like they maintain a lot of contracts with various entities (including Fillmore) in the Joker Cluster and shape the events of the worlds while staying out of the limelight.

The female with the weird morphing elbow and who's tailing Arr is also another one with links to the Super Empire. Her name is E-V 3. And then we know there is one more who has not yet appeared in the manga, her name is L-D-I 20.

Although they are Super Empire Chivalries, they seem to be different from the "normal" chivalries from the AD era and I suspect they are very highly modified genetically. Their objectives and origins are still unexplained. They seemed to be linked to what is called "System Caligura" (not much revealed yet), and they are very powerful knights, the only people capable of matching up to them is perhaps only those direct descendants of the pure blood.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)