rare scans

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

rare scans

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:47 pm

I've decided to separate out the pages for Characters 3 & 5 and scan them. I thought about this for some time and finally decided to go ahead and do it. I'm assuming they're impossible to replace but the space ship/fighter images contained within their pages aren't commonly seen on the Internet. I'm going to try to dig them out of storage tonight and do the deed.

I'm going to pull my white lab coat out of the closet, don some oversized goggles and thick rubber gloves, mousse my hair so it sticks up dramatically and laugh maniacally as I tear up Characters 3, 5 & 8, Twin Towers and Tales of Joker 19. You've got to set the proper mood when you tear up pieces of art.

Makes me want to go to the Louvre in Paris and walk around saying, "that would fit in my scanner!" I can just see the guards fidget...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:25 pm

You...you're going to tear up Characters 3 and 5 AND Twin Towers (the TOJ 19 is not big deal)????

Wow. You are dedicated to getting great scans. I admire that. I don't think I could bring myself to deface my books like that...

From where did you aquire Characters 3 and 5? Those are two that I'm missing, along with Characters 8 (but thats about it).

In regards to Characters 8; I contacted the Seattle Kino, but they couldn't get ahold of the book with the ISBN number you gave me. Aarrgh! Characters 8 continues to evade me. I'm not giving up though and I'll keep trying Kino for now until another avenue presents itself to me.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:36 pm

Meh... I'm not as dedicated as you think. I have 2 copies of Twin Towers and Characters 3 & 5 are mostly dopey photos of Nagano in Tokyo Disneyland and other filler.

I'll examine my Characters 8 again when I get home and double-check the ISBN number.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:58 pm

Ah. Now I see. For a minute there I thought you might've been a little insane :)
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:27 am

Characters 8: AKD
ISBN 4-924930-08-3 C0079

This copy appears to be a 2nd printing June 10, 1999. The first printing was December 20, 1994. I'd like to compare it to my other copy but it's buried in storage.