Amaterasu and Ladios Sopp

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mr March

Amaterasu and Ladios Sopp

Post by Mr March » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:52 am

Okay, so I know it's explained that Amaterasu and Ladios Sopp are the same person. And yes we all know Amaterasu is a "god" in Nagano's infamous Postscript from issue #1. So as Amaterasu, is his Emperor form and his Ladios Sopp form able to coexist at the same time? Because it appears so during issue #2 during the gathering in the court with Viewlard, Colus, Clotho and Ladios. They are all there when suddenly Amaterasu shows up.

It had me scratching my head for a second and then I thought because Amaterasu is a god, he must have the ability to be many places at once. Is this a "correct" assumption (in as much as interpretations of Nagano's work can be considered correct)?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:40 am

Ladios Sop, Lady Sop (the Female version of Ladios) and Amaterasu are all the same person. They canNOT be in two different places at once. (unless Amaterasu uses some God power, which is forbidden to him)

Agari-no-kimi and Mel Rince are spiritual projections that Amaterasu can create with his powers. Some very powerful Divers are capable of doing this as well (Beauty and presumably Vos can do this)

The scene with Colus and Clotho etc, the "Amaterasu" that showed up was actually Aisha, dressed like Amaterasu. Aisha, Sarion (I'm assuming since he looks so much like Aisha) and Hind Kill can all pass for Amaterasu when dressed in his Imperial Robes and makeup. In Japan people meant to serve as a "decoy" are called Kagemusha. (Shadow Warrior?). In fact, Hind Kill underwent cosmetic surgery in order to physically resemble Amaterasu perfectly. It is the presence of these doubles that allows Sop to wander around so freely...otherwise people might begin to suspect that Sop was Amaterasu! (Hey, every time Amaterasu dissapears, this Sop guy shows up! Whats up with that?)
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:30 am

On a related topic, what's up with Ladios Sop and Lady Sop? At first I thought Lady Sop was just Ladios dressing more feminine. I assumed that the "Lady Sop" title seen in some FSS art books was just a joke by Nagano. But is Lady Sop really a different form?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Ah, okay. I was over thinking the situation. It was just a double. Cool stuff. Thanks fellas.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:38 am

Tachyon wrote:On a related topic, what's up with Ladios Sop and Lady Sop? At first I thought Lady Sop was just Ladios dressing more feminine. I assumed that the "Lady Sop" title seen in some FSS art books was just a joke by Nagano. But is Lady Sop really a different form?
yep. Lady Sop IS a lady. I think its just a case of Amaterasu wanting to experience life as a female for a while. Remember, when Amaterasu was born, he was a Hermaphrodite, then during his infancy, his sex spontaneously changed several times before finally settling on the male gender.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:27 am

Amaterasu can shape-shift into the male Ladios Sopp or the female Lady Sopp. Thus these 3 cannot appear separately at the same time.

Mel Rince and Agari-no-kimi are something like fragments of Amaterasu himself, they are completely loyal and possess godly powers as well, we can say they are also Amaterasu himself. They can physically appear at different places at the same time, and each of them (including both Sopps) have different personalities, so its really quite weird for us to see 3 of them (Amat, Rince and Agari) having a discussion and even differences in opinions in JP vol 12.

However, note that although this looks similar to the diver ability to project a double of himself, it is really very different.

- The diver will have to be in deep concentration, so his real body will not be moving. This is obviously different from Amat's Slaves (Rince and Agari are referred to as Slaves of Amat in Knight Flags) in that they are able to move and think independently, and Amat himself is not limited in anyway. (the scene in JP vol 10 just before the black three is Amat trying to "fake it", as he tries to imitate a real human diver going into deep concentration to "send out" Rince, when in fact he don't really need to do that, as proven in JP vol 12 meeting of the trio. He probably faked it so that those around him will not be shocked...)

- The diver's double looks the same and of course, has the same personality of the diver himself. This is again different in the case of Rince and Agari because they look slightly different (also with different sex), and even have their own distinct personalities.

- The ability is gained differently: Amat made his slaves via his godly powers.

etc... The above points are mentioned in Knight Flags

So Amaterasu's godly ability to create Rince and Agari are completely different in nature than the divers' projection of oneself. Amat just fakes/imitates it like everything else he does.

As for that scene in volume 1, like what NSG, a lot of times, sopp likes to travel around and uses doubles to stand in for him. ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Wow. That's fantastic and much more in depth than I realized. It all makes perfect sense to me as well within the context of the FSS. THanks Rubel.