Fool for the City

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

machine mess

Fool for the City

Post by machine mess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:23 pm

For the life of me, I cannot find any topics here with any depth about Nagano's first manga.

Now, from what I understand, the topic doesn't necessarily deserve a whole lot of depth :wink: but I just got a copy of the Tankouban in the post yesterday, and it totally looks like something worth translating - for FSS fans at least.

As with any scanlation project, I know this would be a labor of love. I'll try to hunt around the various groups out there on the interwebs, but I wanted to make this board my first touchstone.

It doesn't seem like the sort of thing that's likely to ever be licensed by any English language manga publisher, so I wouldn't feel too bad about ethical issues (tho' the author his own self might come after me I guess). I was thinking about watermarking all the page scans with something that wouldn't damage readability but would make it unattractive to print out.

Anyway, this seems to me like an important piece of history to share with English reading FSS fans so any help or references or whatever that people here can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Now if I could just get my hands on the English translation scripts that were used for the old purple VHS tapes of L-Gaim that I have only the first 12 episodes of, and I know there were more.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:37 pm

That sounds like a great project. I've never seen the Fool For The City manga but I'd like to find it someday. I'm sure there are others on here that can tell you something.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:28 pm

I was about to post that someone else had it too, but then noticed both people had Machine Mess as their name.

Go me.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 pm

If only I were young and sufficiently free from responsibility to spend the next year doing nothing but intensively studying Japanese. Then I could take on this project all by myself.

Maybe I should approach one of the groups like Hawks, Omanga, or Manga Screener.

I'd really like to be able to read this thing.