FSS Designs 2 - Release

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Designs 2 - most are old art or old designs. some old art are interesting, there are some L-Gaim related art too. i'd juz list the new art:

Maps of 5 planets, with brief descriptions and the main countries labelled

brief history of delta belune

brief history of addler
- Tran
Saloon Basco, Arado Basco Swans, Nerid Basco Swans, Jester Looth, Fatima the Neve, Reville Rase, Nadezjda Leaf, Sarpa (Mission Looth's wife), Way Looth.

- Destiny Three Fates
the 3 fates (young) etc

- Chrome Ballanche XI
(i think basically carried over from part of Twin Tower), Mr Charty Wood, fatima Lele-ist-HOTOS, Ngyan Tea (Maid Aisha), Ngyan Tea (in high school uniform), Elisabeth, Odetto, Sogno Karlin, Ballanche Fatima Full Profile (only left 5 without design pics), Etm Moonchild, Etm Rondo Hairline, Patra and Yang-Gui (both factory fatima by Ballanche - similar to Salome)

- Tran-Lent: Bastogne *(from vol1)
Uber Baradah, More Bjoit, Trolla Rosin (the *other nephew of Uber).

- Tran-Republic of Scheliese *(where Baltic Academy is)
Lemiran Crossbin, Molard Carbide, Prism Koks (was Prisson Corks now renamed Prism), fatima Ccanahart

Supplement 1 : making of Cel

- Bakinn Rakkan
Titinsha Basco, Vai o La (new colors yucks), pure blood knights bloodline,

- Union of Dei Yorgun (cause of 3159?)
Daja President, General Rei de Pire

Juno Brief history

- Colus
basically all are old art. chart of colus line and MH Engage/Berlin line.

Supplement 2: Making of Illustrations

MH Stable
basically all are old art from various sources. some old line art on LED Mirage and KOG (from Joker 3100), MH Siren Skeleton from Smoke Walls

hope that helps? :p
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:21 pm

I got my copy yesterday. No new mechanical art of any kind. There's a slightly recolored Viola but I don't think it looks very good. One of the Colus mortar headds (Mk II?) is shown slightly recolored but it looks so close to the original that it isn't a big deal.

Some older Nagano art is present towards the end. Nice to see but I had seen most of it before. There is a healthy dose of new character art and the planet maps are nice. I was pleased to see character art that is hard to track down in past books (like stuff that only appeared once in a color page of a manga volume).

I'll try to find time soon to grab the new images for Clotho, Atropos and Lachesis. The new character art would be great for some character profile pages. I'll wait for submissions/revisions.

Any scan requests?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:11 pm

Which cyborg is covered in Designs 2? Manticore has all the press, but I want some mor einformation on the Imperium. Any new pics?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I don't remember seeing any cyborg images in FSS Designs 2.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Newton wrote:Which cyborg is covered in Designs 2? Manticore has all the press, but I want some mor einformation on the Imperium. Any new pics?
The Kfil was covered in Designs 1.
Shinei!

Green Neipier

Post by Green Neipier » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:20 am

I want Designs 1. If I get Designs 2, would I really need Designs 1?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:30 am

Green Neipier wrote:I want Designs 1. If I get Designs 2, would I really need Designs 1?
No, I don't think you would "need" Designs 1, but I'm assuming if you are a collector like me, you would want a copy anyway!

To clarify;

Designs 1 covers the AKD and some minor stuff about Taika and The SATAN and the Kfil Imperium Cyborg Weapon. Designs 2 covers Colus and Addler. So they contain completely different material. So as a collector, yes you would need both Designs 1 and Designs 2 (and 3 and 4 later) to get a complete picture of Joker.
Shinei!

Green Neipier

Post by Green Neipier » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:55 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Green Neipier wrote:I want Designs 1. If I get Designs 2, would I really need Designs 1?
No, I don't think you would "need" Designs 1, but I'm assuming if you are a collector like me, you would want a copy anyway!

To clarify;

Designs 1 covers the AKD and some minor stuff about Taika and The SATAN and the Kfil Imperium Cyborg Weapon. Designs 2 covers Colus and Addler. So they contain completely different material. So as a collector, yes you would need both Designs 1 and Designs 2 (and 3 and 4 later) to get a complete picture of Joker.
Really, I checked HLJ for Designs 1 and they were sold out. I guess I would have to look for it somewhere else.

parasyte

Post by parasyte » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:38 pm

where you from?
can try kinokunya?
they should have stock available for designs 1

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:13 am

I saw FSS Designs 2 at my local Kinokuniya last Saturday. I didn't get it but I did browse. Yeah, some old plus new art and character designs. I'm especially intrigued by two new fatimas which was obviously Egyptian and Orientally inspired.

The Oriental fatima was named Yang Gui which tickled me since the name Yang Gui belonged to one of the Four Legendary Beauties of China's history, lol.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:40 pm

ForeverFlawless wrote:I saw FSS Designs 2 at my local Kinokuniya last Saturday. I didn't get it but I did browse. Yeah, some old plus new art and character designs. I'm especially intrigued by two new fatimas which was obviously Egyptian and Orientally inspired.

The Oriental fatima was named Yang Gui which tickled me since the name Yang Gui belonged to one of the Four Legendary Beauties of China's history, lol.
LOL, its true. he did comment that these 2 Ballanche factory fatima are inspired by legendary figures, most probably he means Cleopatra and Yang Gui Fei. (BTW, for non-chinese - "Gui Fei" is not a name but one of the titles for the Emperor's consort)

ForeverFlawless - u won't happen to be from the "little red dot" too, would u? :p
Looking for:

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:37 am

Rubel>> If it's the same little red dot that's having a national holiday tomorrow......bingo!! lol!

Ah, I can't read Japanese but I thought I gleaned somehow that he based those two fatimas on historical figures :D I wish he'll do a Marie Antoinette inspired fatima....*super random thought*

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 am

hahah yeah, its the same little red dot. :twisted:

nice to know another local fan, i get the feeling that its almost unheard of here. and u've been a fss fan for 10years+ !!

the other day when i collected my chinese vol 12 from kino, i saw at least one more book on reserve. was pleasantly surprised.

if u haven't gotten yours yet, u can try kino. BTW, where's the Designs 2 placed? didnt see it the last time i went taka kino...
Looking for:

parasyte

Post by parasyte » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:52 pm

got mine today ^_^
stock just came in today for kino in the little red dot
saw about a dozen or so copies
located at the illustration section (where the art books etc are at)

and due to the fact that today is national day (for little red dot)
kino had a 20% discount, thus got mine for SGD50.48 (normal price SD63.1)

saw this at the end of of the book.

temple

Post by temple » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:59 pm

new here and also from the same little red dot now and me that make 3 hope to see more :D :D :D fell in love with fss when i was studying then i am always broke can only read in kino now also always broke but at least can bring my fss books home to enjoy. yikes !!!!! have not got design 2 and design 3 is around the corner :shock: :shock: :shock:

side track a bit anyone know where i can get a copy of factory 01-04