Recent Activity in FSS Talk

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Recent Activity in FSS Talk

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:47 pm

I've noticed a lower level of activity in recent months among us FSS fans here. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on why that might be. Is this forum not as nice a place as it used to be for FSS fans? Have FSS fans moved to another site? If so, that's cool. I just want to know where everyone is so I can join the discussions.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mortified

Post by Mortified » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 pm

I've just started to read the manga so its all new to me, well except for the kits. I think I'm late to the game as usual, where everyone else discussed everything before. But thats just my take. :wink:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:08 am

Don't worry. There are always new readers who need to catch up on whats going on. If you have any questions, search the forums here for an answer. There's quite a bit of old discussion to peruse through. Who knows you might be able to revive and old thread and get it going again...
Shinei!

Jester13

Post by Jester13 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:29 am

Hi! I've been a member of this forum for...about a year now (I think)! Just wanted to say thanks to everyonehere for healthy info on the Manga and the kits! I'm in South Africa, so both are hard to come by!

Been doing the kits for a while (easy to import)! My local anime store is finally able to get a hold of the English Manga, so I've ordered them, and hopefully soon I'll be able to join in on the discussions!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:55 am

it's also mid-summer and people are on vacation or out doors more. It's a natural part of the cycle.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:00 am

The problem is Nagano hasn't been printing more story for us to drool over.

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:43 pm

I just joined the forum today although I've been lurking for awhile :oops:

Been following FSS for over 10 years now and I was on the old WaxTrax site for awhile too.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:42 pm

nice topic, Tach :)

I do pop in here once in a while still, partly out of a (comforting to me) sort of blind loyalty to whoever's left from the old WaxTrax gang, but I spend most of my time over at hobbyfanatics dot com. The Gundam talk is completely over my head, or goes in one ear and out the other, and alot of the other threads do too, but there are some really strong and active FSS kit building threads (group builds, WIPs, etc).

There's not a whole lot of story discussion, 'cause it's mainly a builder's forum - but then there's not a whole lot of NEW story to discuss (especially for us English-only readers). Alot of times I refer FSS people from there over to here (and/or to the webarchives of Heika.net).

If you come over, or become more active (if you're already hiding over there somewhere), please use the same nickname you've got here 'cause I get confused when people do that "multiple nicknames" thing :?

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 pm

I should chime in. Perhaps the biggest factor, to speak from my end, is the hiatus of the English volumes. Translations for the newer volumes are not availible, and Nagano has skipped off on another one of his legendary 'vacations' leaving me high and dry.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:43 am

Vincent Valentine wrote:I should chime in. Perhaps the biggest factor, to speak from my end, is the hiatus of the English volumes. Translations for the newer volumes are not availible, and Nagano has skipped off on another one of his legendary 'vacations' leaving me high and dry.
Basically that :(

sarion

Post by sarion » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:32 pm

wonder whether he will ever finish the story before his demise, or mine :P

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:14 am

sarion wrote:wonder whether he will ever finish the story before his demise, or mine :P
I am reminded of Robert Jordan, a very popular Fantasy author who recently died before he could finish the 12th (and probably final) book of his epic masterwork, The Wheel of Time. I hope that doesn't happen with Nagano. Obviously because I enjoy the story and would like to see it through to its conclusion, but mostly because the world will seem lesser without a talent such as his to dazzle future generations.
Shinei!

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:38 pm

Hello everyone!

MIA for awhile because life got hectic and also I recently switched internet providers. I used to be on dial-up, haha. S'poreans, I'm now on Singnet broadband! The company that does nothing to provide its clients' privacy :wink:

So just a note to say I'll be dropping by the forum regularly again I hope!