6 New Character Profiles (Jan 07)

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:41 pm

I updated Trao and Rupus' profiles yesterday to reflect the cousin info. I'll make a note to myself to put an editor's note on Trao's page about the Knight Flags chart. Thanks, everyone!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Sorry to be beating this horse again and again...
I got a reply from my knowledgeable source guy.

There are five places Rupus and Trao are featured together.
1. Vol2 : no mention about their relation
2. Characters 2 Co-lus : Rupus as 'an older cousin' of Trao
3. Episode Guide : Trao as 'a younger cousin' of Rupus
4. Knight Flags : Trao as 'a younger brother' of Rupus
5. Vol2 2005 edition : Rupus as the King of Ballanka, Trao the First Prince (does that imply that Trao is Rupus's son? this might be what Nu Soard was going by)

As Rubel Colus said, it seems to be one of Nagano's inconsistencies.
So are we saying they are cousins? by majority rule? :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:29 pm

I'm going to leave them as cousins and make an editor's note on Trao's page so that site visitors know we're aware of what's going on. It will be interesting to see how the FSS Designs book focusing on Colus covers this.

FSS inconsistencies can certainly arise. Colus XXVI's image is later presented to us as a younger Colus XXIII.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:21 am

I'm here!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, real-life stuff ya know.

I'm afraid that I "assumed" that Trao was Rupus' son. The English volumes mention nothing of their relationship, and since Trao succedes Rupus as King of Ballanka, I automatically assumed a father-son relationship. Gomenasai!

As far as mentioning Trao as a close friend of Colus XXIII, that is simply a (somewhat altered) mirror of the writeup of Trao in the English version, where it says he was a close friend and ally of Colus XXIII. The part about Trao "Lamenting not being born a headdliner" was in referrence to the scene where Sharie and Trao first meet at her brother's gravesite.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:12 am

You write great profiles, Nu Soard. No doubt about it. But most things we do can benefit from others' advice. I've had to revise my stuff on Gears Online lots of times.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 am

Tachyon wrote:You write great profiles, Nu Soard. No doubt about it. But most things we do can benefit from others' advice. I've had to revise my stuff on Gears Online lots of times.
oh, absolutely. I've said several times that most of the FSS info that I know for certain (or at least, until Nagano changes it again) I've already submitted and that from this point forward, I'm going to need a lot of help getting the rest of it all straightened out. This is one prime example.

And thanks for the kind words.
Shinei!