Chronicle 2007 and Factorys 05-07

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Chronicle 2007 and Factorys 05-07

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:39 pm

yup, 2 new books soon from toyspress.

Chronicle 2007 is Chronicle 2005 with added info on the vol12 characters/MHs. Pre-order information TBA.

Factorys 05-07 i think is similar to Factorys 01-04, probably the kits that were released in these few years. There is a LED Mirage 20th aniversary special (showcase list of all Led mirage kits??). Tentative sales date: December 2006.

-----------------------------------

FSS School Designs

Is now avail for ordering online. (but iirc it is a japan-only online shop >_<")

The lady with the 2 buns is actually *Professor* LDI20 (can barely make out the words...)

http://pc.webnt.jp/special/sp061003_fss.html
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Thanks for the update, Rubel. Let us know if there's an easier way to order the School Designs. I'd buy it.

You know, Alex McLaren in Japan can grab stuff and ship it to people in the U.S. He charges more for shipping but I'm pretty sure he can get his hands on the book.

I'm going to refresh my memory on Chronicle 2005 when I get home today.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:21 pm

i'm using a deputy service to order, in fact, i placed an order using the NT order form. They can do magazine exclusive orders, and this is the first time i'm using them. So far so good, the service is very fast and responsive.
Looking for:

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:14 pm

Let's hope they won't fill half of factories with the building notice of Tani's Auge... :roll: (yeah there's a bit of sarcasm ^_^)
Let''s also hope the layout is better. Factories 2004 had pretty much only front and side view, the same as on toyspress site... BLeh...

Ahoy BTW^^, haven't post for a while, but the activity around FSS is so... inactive :? that there's not much to say (so I'm buying some GFF Ex-S to fill my need of mecha :D )

What is that "deputy service" you're talking about ?
You ask them to order what you want ? Is there a website for this ?
Who's Alex MacLaren ? :P

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Yeah, what's up with the inactivity on the FSS forum? Did I do something to drive the fans away?

Alex McLaren runs this site:
http://www.otaku.com/

He can find stuff in Japan pretty well but he charges more for shipping than some other people. I used to buy a lot of stuff from him but these days funds are limited. Dealing with him is pretty informal. You just Email him and ask if he can get something (although he likes ISBN numbers).

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:56 pm

You've done nothing wrong. We just don't have much to discuss.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:22 pm

cobywan wrote:You've done nothing wrong. We just don't have much to discuss.
Exactly.

I'm more into kits than the manga/story, but there's not a lot new in either category.

There should be some chitchat in the FSS models forum once we get some more news on the upcoming Volks Calvary R.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:14 am

Yup', don't worry Tachyon, nothing wrong^^.
Well personnally I was in Scotland for two weeks recently, visiting my sister. Edimburgh is a nice city^^ (lot of late middle-age buildings), but (UK in general I think) is really NOT the place for manga and related stuff... It's comics, comics, and comics, and I don't like comics :wink: .

There's just nothing exciting happening those last few months, damn. Except Haruhi Suzumiya I don't remember having seen/read anything anime/manga related (BTW, though I would not consider it a "fourth impact", Haruhi is a cool anime, if you don't want to bother watching the whole serie, watch at least episode 11 (don't worry it's not like you would spoil yourself the best plot ever^^), it's a parody/hommage to Legend of Galactic Heroes (with references to other SF animes), great episode :D )

Ok for otaku.com. His shipping cost don't seem that high compared to amazon for instance^^. If he can find whatever you want, that's great.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:18 am

Yeah, what's up with the inactivity on the FSS forum? Did I do something to drive the fans away?
There's just been a (relative) lack of new stuff on the FSS end, and the latest books aren't being released in English yet so I'm still sitting and waiting; but while I do that, I'm watching some other series. I'm not a big modeller so I often won't comment on things like modelling releases and such and such.

If people discussed L-Gaim in here as well, I'd probably have more to say as I rewatched that reasonably recently. Unfortunately, not very many people would have, so there probably won't be much discussion about the parallels with L-Gaim and FSS, unfortunately.

SYL

Post by SYL » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi,

I totally love this forum, because it's my # 1 place for Five Star Stories info.
I'll add my support to the forum members by saying you've done a great job, Tachyon.
I'm more interested in the manga and design books. At this point, I'm seriously considering ordering volume 11 & 12. I guess I better learn how to read Japanese, eh?
As far as the English version, I don't see that returning until after Gothicmade is released. A domestic release of Gothicmade might cause a new surge in Mamoru-mania and he would continue the English translation.
I'm scared to hell to attempt a model kit, because I screwed a bunch of World War 2 kits and Evangelion models. I think that I'll stick to admiring other people's skill.
Chris Goss, creator of The Red Star, admitted on his forum that he is big fan of The Five Star Stories. If your interested in something to supplement The Five Star Stories, read The Red Star and your opinions of North American comics might change.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:51 pm

If people discussed L-Gaim in here as well
I've never seen it but I have enough materials to do a section for it. I need to finish Orguss and Gall Force first, though. Also, I would want help if I attempted an L-Gaim section. I just don't know anything about it.

Someone wake Nu Soard up and we'll add some profiles to the FSS pages here.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:24 am

I can do some research to help with an L-Gaim section. It's one of my personal favorites. I can still remember how excited I was when FSS came out, and I realized it was a variant on the L-Gaim storyline.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:04 pm

<3 LGaim! would be great to have a section for that.

----------------------------------------------

The advert from NT2007-01

Factorys 2007 - on sale end Jan 2007
Chronicle 2007 - on sale end Feb 2007

Pre-orders already started.

where can i order mine? :?
Looking for:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 pm

Tachyon wrote:Yeah, what's up with the inactivity on the FSS forum? Did I do something to drive the fans away?

Alex McLaren runs this site:
http://www.otaku.com/

He can find stuff in Japan pretty well but he charges more for shipping than some other people. I used to buy a lot of stuff from him but these days funds are limited. Dealing with him is pretty informal. You just Email him and ask if he can get something (although he likes ISBN numbers).
Yeah, thats who I got my FSS Designs 1 from. I'll probably use him to get Volume 12.
Shinei!

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 am

Thanks for the update, Rubel Colus :) . I was wondering what had happened with the Factorys book because I thought it was originally scheduled for December release?

Hopefully HLJ.com will soon start taking pre-order for it.