REVIEW - Best of FSS

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

REVIEW - Best of FSS

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:12 pm

Got my copy today from HLJ. It's all reprinted images and pages from the manga. If you've got the manga volumes (in either language) then you've already got Best of FSS.

For a graphics guy like me it's nice to have 2 page spreads reproduced on just one page. I'm not totally disappointed.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

SYL

Post by SYL » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:10 pm

Wow,

Thanks for the review. I think I'll stick with the English version of the manga and save up for F.S.S. Designs # 2!
Hopefully, Mamoru Nagano will restart the Englsih version of the manga as well as produce countless art/design/source books.
I can only imagine how great the translated versions of volume 11 & 12 would be!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:56 pm

hmm, i think there's nothing special about this book, like Tachyon said, ALL pictures are from the manga... other than the model pics, the whole book is black and white. Size is same as Newtype magazine. have to say i'm disappointed (but its expected). The last page says "More Best of" coming soon.. :roll:

Can someone confirm with me, pg 68 - under the pic of Mel Rince, there's a printing problem? I can see the words "Mamoru" but printed upside down...

BTW, i heard rumours regarding the next NT 09 - there's gonna be a "new book" again, but this one seems to be limited to a "Post Office mail-in order".

*unconfirmed*
F.S.S. SCHOOL DESIGNS (booklet comes wif:
FSS School Calendar 2007‐2008)

using 13 (+1) Girl students as models to show the uniform
Details about the Cluster's school system (what the... :roll:)
booklet 48pg school calendar 64pg
15 illustrations
1,500yen ea + postage 500
Last edited by Rubel Colus on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Azuriel

Post by Azuriel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 am

ehm the link for that pic is semi-dead.. it points to a 404 which is really NSFW. you might want to remove it

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Azuriel wrote:ehm the link for that pic is semi-dead.. it points to a 404 which is really NSFW. you might want to remove it
hmm, they removed the pic... >_<"

and i dunno why it became like that. Sorry for that.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)