A nice Kan pic

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

A nice Kan pic

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:09 pm

Damn, I just closed the wrong panel and wiped out my message...

So here's a nic epic I found on the net :
http://img51.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users ... c00741.jpg
I had never seen it before, it's quite rare to see MH in situation and in colors.
Is it official ? From one of the characters book ?

KOG

Re: A nice Kan pic

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:26 pm

Falk wrote:Damn, I just closed the wrong panel and wiped out my message...

So here's a nic epic I found on the net :
http://img51.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users ... c00741.jpg
I had never seen it before, it's quite rare to see MH in situation and in colors.
Is it official ? From one of the characters book ?
It's from one of the older hardcover artbooks. Plastics Stye? Or Joker 3100?

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:19 am

it is in joker 3100. i have both the Japanese and the "pirated" Chinese version. at least i could read the text in Chinese. :)

hth,
wps

errol

Post by errol » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:31 am

Very nice. One of my favorite MH.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:29 am

Yep, that Kan pic from JOKER 3100 is one of the reasons to own that book!

Considering that book was originally published in 1989, it shows how far ahead of the mecha-design "curve" he was compared to other designers back then. Looking at the pics of the Kan, Bangdoll and half-finished Terror Mirage, they are way ahead of their time. (almost no one was doing mecha with so much detail back in the late 80's.

A pic from that book that really interests me is the one with Sharie Landers and Colus IV. Its a grown-up Colus IV and he's wearing a Spaad. I thought he was never trained as a Knight (even though he's very strong, being a Colus) I wonder why he would wear a Spaad if he doesn't know how to use one (was he trained in secret behind his mother's back?)
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:08 am

According to book3, spadds also serve as status symbols: only Knights and nobilities may own and carry them.
Since Colus royal house is a warrior nobility, spadd may very well be a part of Colus' formal attire.

Other than Knights and nobility, Meights and Meisters may also carry spadds because they are considered to be semi nobility due to their unique abilities.
Any country would be glad to grant them titles and wealth because their skills are so valuable.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:31 am

in fact there are 2 versions of Joker 3100.

An earlier softcover (the one in your pic) which is out of print, and the hardcover.

The chinese bootleg book 2 also has the pic.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:14 am

Rubel Colus wrote:in fact there are 2 versions of Joker 3100.

An earlier softcover (the one in your pic) which is out of print, and the hardcover.

The chinese bootleg book 2 also has the pic.
i have included the pics for comparison of the two books i have:

http://photobucket.com/albums/c120/junc ... Joker3100/

i skipped some of the pages. please note it is different from what Rubel chinese bootleg book 2, as i don't have that. maybe cb2 is the same as what i have? i dunno. it is printed in HK, about 10 years old, anyway, i got it for RM8 back then, about USD$2.1 in today exchange rate... over 110 pages. there were about 10 copies lying around. should have bought them all. :)

hth,
wps

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:50 am

haha, junchoon, this is indeed Chinese Book 2 五星物语设定大全集2, but just that the covers are different, contents are the same. The book that I have is exactly the same as yours, including the cover. the more commonly seen books have a different cover:

book 1 book 2

Book 1 consists of Mirage, Colus, Fatima. Book 2 includes Joker3100, Colus and Dragon Klein.

I'm still looking for these 2 books (with the different covers).
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:07 pm

oh great, thanks for the clarification. i have cb2 after all?? :) this book is extremely helpful for those pre-internet days, as i am in a dizzy on what's happening in FSS, since i don't have access to Jap characters books, nor can i read Jap. :)

wps