Questions from Tachyon

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions from Tachyon

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:55 pm

Atropos, Clotho and Lachesis are named after characters in Greek mythology. Is Megaella also named after a mythological figure? If so, who?

A line art image of the Rouge Mirage appears across pages 12 and 13 of The Official Art of The Five Star Stories - Newtype Presents - a little booklet provided with the 100% edition of the FSS Movie. Are there any other places where this line art image appears? This is the standard Rouge Mirage image, not the one with the 2 big birelkema machine guns. I'm asking because the printers made a goof with the image and repairing it would be very difficult for me.

Thanks, everyone!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:31 am

i believe the Rouge Mirage appeared also as a b/w illustration in the Model Graphix Special (the cover with two 1/35 Led Mirage).

hth,
wps

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:21 am

i believe the Rouge Mirage appeared also as a b/w illustration in the Model Graphix Special (the cover with two 1/35 Led Mirage).
Makes me wish I collected Model Graphix. Any other places it appears?

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:52 am

Tachyon are you talking about this image?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/R ... 523500.jpg

If you are then I can e-mail a larger version of this image.

hitori

Re: Questions from Tachyon

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:21 am

Tachyon wrote:Atropos, Clotho and Lachesis are named after characters in Greek mythology. Is Megaella also named after a mythological figure? If so, who?
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/megaera.html
(In Designs, her name is spelled Megaira, an alternate spelling )

And technically Nagano's Atropos, Clotho, and Lachesis are taken from Goethe's Faust.
The roles of Atropos and Clotho are reversed when compared to the Greek tradition.

Also check out the Graces: Euphrosyne, Thalia, and Aglaea (33, 37, 36)
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/g/graces.html

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:22 am

I believe that the romanization is incorrect. Note that Balanche used the other two names as well.

From Wikipedia:
In Greek mythology the Erinyes or Eumenides (the Romans called them the Furies) were female personifications of vengeance. They were usually said to have been born from the blood of Uranus when Cronus castrated him. According to a variant account, they were born from Nyx. Their number is usually left indeterminate, though Virgil, probably working from an Alexandrian source, recognized three:
---Alecto ("unceasing"),
---Megaera ("grudging"), and
---Tisiphone ("avenging murder").
The heads of the Erinyes were wreathed with serpents, their eyes dripped with blood, and their whole appearance was terrific and appalling. Sometimes they had the wings of a bat or bird, or the body of a dog.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:56 am

Redcomet0093, that image is great! Please send me a larger version. The bigger the better. Thanks! By the way, what book is that page in?

Thanks to hitori and Zoxesyr. I was wasting time this afternoon trying to guess the proper spelling. You guys really helped out!

I've got a good number of fatima profile to work on now and I want to finally round up the lesser known mortar headds from the early days of FSS.

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:30 am

Tachyon wrote:
Redcomet0093, that image is great! Please send me a larger version. The bigger the better. Thanks! By the way, what book is that page in?
FSS.
I sent you the image and a few others that you mite like and from what book I got them from so check your e-mail if you already haven't.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:42 am

Thanks, man! This saves me a lot of work.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:16 am

I knew about the Furies, but I never knew their names. Thats dammed cool.
Shinei!