new L-Gaim fansub beginning

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: new L-Gaim fansub beginning

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Watched the first episode. Good stuff! In typical Nagano style, it drops us right into the middle of the action and we get a pretty good beamsword dual from the getgo. Can't wait to see more.
Shinei!

Paltenon

Post by Paltenon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 am

I'm a little confused as to what you're all talking about. All 54 episodes are available nicely subtitled on several anime sites for direct download, and have been for at least a couple years. Anilinkz and anime-access are but a couple sources.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Considering that I don't do a lot of downloading and have no idea about the websites you mentioned, I don't think it's at all unusual that I haven't seen the show yet. And considering the original post was in 2005, I think the conversation was relevant back then.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:08 pm

I was thinking about this today. I went to BakaBT and looked for "l-gaim". I found all 54 episodes for download but in the comments people were saying the subtitles are terrible. I decided to wait for the remaining episodes from M Subs. Once I can watch all of the episodes together with good subtitles I will be motivated to start work on an L-Gaim section for Gears Online. I have a decent set of books waiting on my shelf to scan. That will also be a good time to start a fun project: match the mortar headds in FSS to mecha in L-Gaim.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Professor Desty Nova

Post by Professor Desty Nova » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 am

/m/subs just released the last episode today. They have put a batch torrent with all 54 episodes that includes the ones they made (many are v2) and the ones from shin-getter.
Now that it's finally over, I'll have to see it from the beginning, because I started seeing it in 2006 with shin-getter, and I don't remember the beginning any more :roll:

PS: They are thinking about releasing the third OVA, but it's not guaranteed. The third OVA has a different ending from the TV series (the first two OVAs are a a kind of recap).
Professor Desty Nova
Researching Karma the Hard Way!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I have the entire series now. Thanks for the heads up. I'll start watching them soon...
Shinei!