The place for FSS role playing and sharing your fiction

Moderator: kosh

AJ

Light sabers / Spadds: cosplay question

Post by AJ » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:07 pm

Ok, no one laugh ok? =D

I saw these guys at Comic con again this year:
http://parksabers.com/

I've been dying to get a lightsaber cause they're cool and I'm a dork. ^^; I figure I'll probably feel a little less guilty about paying lots for it if I get one that I can use for FSS cosplay too. (This is where you don't laugh cause I cosplay.)

So... a little help on picking which one would probably work best for FSS please? I think they're all beautiful and I'm going to get a green "blade", but beyond that, I don't really have a strong preference for one over the other.

Well, I love the double helix... but the price tag makes me cringe.

*bored at work*
AJ

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:30 pm

The Fusion handle? I think that's the closest to a spaad hilt.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:03 pm

Did you ask if they can make a custom spadd for you? Hell, that's the first thing I'd do.

Why settle for just a lightsaber when you could have the "real thing"?

-Newt

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:48 pm

I say go custom. If you are going to spend the money, do it right.

In fact, you've inspired me. I intend to re-build my Mirage Knight (Nu Sword Graphight) outfit and I think I'll order a custom Spaad (or maybe two) to go along with it....
Shinei!

AJ

Post by AJ » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Hm, I guess I didn't think about a custom one made. I don't really know what I'd be asking for so I figure it'd just be easier to get something they have already.

Nu Soard Graphite: Ohmigod I will love you forever if you do. LOL. Were you the Mirage Knight at AX a couple years ago? I saw pictures but I wasn't there that year.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:06 am

Welll....

You'd be asking for a lightsaber, but diffr'nt(insert redneck face here). Bust out the spadd scans when you're contacted, and ask for an estimate. You can fudge/estimate the measurements by doing a side-by-side comparison of a spadd vs. a lightsaber.

The dude will probably jump at the chance to do a different design. I know I'd view it as a challenge.

Have Fun,

-Newt

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:53 pm

AJ wrote:
Nu Soard Graphite: Ohmigod I will love you forever if you do. LOL. Were you the Mirage Knight at AX a couple years ago? I saw pictures but I wasn't there that year.
Yep, that was me.

I went as Nu Soard and my roomate went as Spaccorn (cybernetic arms and all!). The funny thing was, there was a dude that showed up as Poesche! Then we ran into a group of Japanese cosplayers that consisted of Clotho, Lachesis, Machi and Dr. Ballanche, and me and my roomate had our respective fatima with us as well. Theres some pictures of everyone together (minus Ballanche) around the net somewhere.
Shinei!

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:02 pm

Funny thing was, we built our own sapuds- used laser pointers mounted to the base of lexan rods- didn't light up too well in daylight- but in the dark- they were pretty good-

we also built prop spauds without blades to hang on the belt as well- we cut up a set of chrome plated pipes and towel racks- then added some adhesive grip tape and used rubber pads to make buttons- the blade emiters were trimmed down crystaline easter-eggs- I don't know if NuSword or myself still have any of the parts or not-

the spontanius FSS congregation was really special- it was a 1 in a 1000 fluke that we all were in the same place at the same time- i think there were like 16 0r 17 of us all dressed as various charas from FSS-