cosplay...

The place for FSS role playing and sharing your fiction

Moderator: kosh

Lalasa

cosplay...

Post by Lalasa » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:14 am

...Or costume playing. It being near Holloween and all that dress up jazz...I hope this is the right place for this. A male friend will be going as Douglus Kaien; he's over 6'2, dark hair and even has a cleft in his chin! Another friend will be going as Auxo in her Plastic Style suit and her friend is going to be one of the fatimas, but I'm not sure which and will also be in a Plastic Style suit. Hopefully I will be able to persuade another girl to be yet another fatima. She looks exactly like Kyo...or maybe Ssizz since her hair will be that long by the time this rolls around.

As for myself, I am going as Maximum Holtsfor Ballanche Kaien and one of the dark skinned fatimas in Plastic Style gear since I haven't seen any of them done very well before. I'm unsure of which one to go as and I'm trying to figure out how many there are so I can make an educated choice.

So, yes, please help me with both pictures, descriptions, MH, Master and names of these fataimas? Thank you.

Andromeda,
Vintin,
Candana,
Parthenon,

We will be going to Sakura convention (anime) 2005 in Washington State, USA.

S

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:40 pm

Ack...I can't delete?! This should be in the convention area. I'm sorry!

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:20 am

Ooh. FSS Cosplay. What fun :)

Myself and an old roomate of mine went to Anime Expo and San Diego Comicon in '99 (or was it '98? I forget) in FSS regalia.

My roomate went as Landwand Spaccorn, with cyberarms fully decked out.

I went as Nu Soard Graphite (of course) and had some professional hollywood makeup to do his big scar with.

We were a big hit and won Best Construction: Master Level at Anime Expo.

Wish I had pics, but those were on my old computer, and pics of that Expo are hard to come by on the internet these days (used to be all over)

In anycase, I can help you out with the Fatima's masters:

Andromeda = Prince Krakenbeal Mejojo

Vintin = Jackos Quo'n Hash

Candana = Emperor Erniuth Dai Gu Fillmore V

Parthenon (Paltenon) = Amaterasu (while she's waiting for a new master)
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Re: cosplay...

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:14 am

Sounds fun ^__^

U can try this chinese site for some pictures.

http://fivestar.24cc.com/

They aren't very big or clear, if u still need better pics, I'd try to find better pics. I dont have a scanner now, so I cant scan unless I visit a friend :?

Anyway, you're looking for Plastics Style right?

As for the behaviours of these fatimas:

Andromeda, not much can be seen, just a few frames of her in vol11. looks like the serious and dependable type.

Vintin, not much known too. Looks like the gentle type.

Candana, Shy introvert, very quiet - i dont remember her uttering a single word! :shock: yet she's considered the best fatima in Fillmore (at least thats what Dai Gu Fillmore 5 thinks).

Parthenon, given that her mental stability is rated D, this fatima is on the verge of sanity. She very wild and crazy, yet very powerful. If you've read the Emperor Rescue mission, you'd know how she behaves. At times, it seems like she is the master of her ex-master Shaft! :D

Also, you might wanna take note of the TYPE, L type is mature, M for average, S for young. The dress code follows the Fatima TYPE closely. ;)

Have fun. :D
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:33 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote: Myself and an old roomate of mine went to Anime Expo and San Diego Comicon in '99 (or was it '98? I forget) in FSS regalia.

Andromeda = Prince Krakenbeal Mejojo

Vintin = Jackos Quo'n Hash

Candana = Emperor Erniuth Dai Gu Fillmore V

Parthenon (Paltenon) = Amaterasu (while she's waiting for a new master)
Thank you. Yes, I saw your photos, I believe they were of you, since well the scars and the cybernetic arms were big giveaways. *grins* It was on Cosplay.com.

I was wondering about Vintin, I couldn't understand any of the FSS translations on Japanese sites. No wonder though with a name like Quo'N Hash.

By the way, do you know who Kinky and Amiami are?

S

Lalasa

Re: cosplay...

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:42 pm

Rubel Colus wrote: Also, you might wanna take note of the TYPE, L type is mature, M for average, S for young. The dress code follows the Fatima TYPE closely. ;)
Oh no, I can't tell what I'm looking at! Thank you anyway for the site. I'll find someone to help me translate so I can find the gallery section.

I see now. Thank you for pointing that out. There is a lot of "types" written next to the fatima, but I couldn't figure it out so I never paid attention. XD

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:58 pm

Lalasa wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I saw your photos, I believe they were of you, since well the scars and the cybernetic arms were big giveaways. *grins* It was on Cosplay.com.
Where did you find them? I don't see them on there any more (besides there are WAY too many photos to browse through)

By the way, do you know who Kinky and Amiami are?
Miyouri Kinki: FEMC #8 (Green Left)
She is another Mirage who is of Amatersau Royalty. Says in FSS (english) volume 2 that she is a Princess of Cross. She doesn't have a fatima but uses and Etoramuru (Etriml) named Krikkak!

She can be seen in (Japanese) volume 10 fighting Beauty Peel with Hind Kill and Mirage Diver Mel Zoom.

I have no clue who Amiami is. Never even heard the name before!

Anyone?
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:31 am

http://www.fssun.net/dvbbs/dispbbs.asp? ... =4&ID=4678

Oh my~~! :shock: these girls are sooooo thin!
Looking for:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:32 pm

No kidding!

They're even thin for asian women. I hope they aren't starving themselves just so they can look the part for cosplay. That would be going just a bit too far I think...
Shinei!

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:28 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Where did you find them? I don't see them on there any more (besides there are WAY too many photos to browse through)
I found them about a year and a half ago. But the site apparently has overhauled itself. I was looking and it's not there anymore.

The only reason why I remembered it because you were the only male cosplayers that I know of and have seen outside of Japan who did FSS! And you did it so well too.

Thank you for the information on Kinki! I was wondering who she was because her face is hidden most of the time.
Rubel Colus wrote:http://www.fssun.net/dvbbs/dispbbs.asp? ... =4&ID=4678

Oh my~~! :shock: these girls are sooooo thin!
Thank you for the link! She is a gorgeous Auxo. Do you have any other links like that? I'm going through the forum right now, but...I'm having problems.

*tries to reattach her jaw while typing* Wow, I'm thin with a waist circumference of 23 1/2 inches, but she make me look like a stuffed sausage. Her waist is probably a 20 or 22...I want legs like that! XD

S[/quote]

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:37 pm

Lalasa wrote:
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Where did you find them? I don't see them on there any more (besides there are WAY too many photos to browse through)
Is this your group, Nu Soard Graphite? The 3 mirage knights half way down the page.

http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/ax2000/ax2000-4.html

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:41 pm

Yep, that was us!

What happened that year was very interesting. Myself and my roomate (I'm the Sword Graphite, my roomite was Spaccorn) decided to do FSS outfits for Expo. When we got there to our amazement, there was a Japanese Cosplay group who decided to do the same, except they did Plastics Style Fatima outfits!
Myself and my roomie also had Fatimas of our own (respectively Patecia and Tisphone...Patecia used to be Zell Dincht on Wax Trax, Tis was her sister)
During the convention, we were running around in costume when lo and behold! We ran into Poesche Nomien! All five of us (including Fatima) were running around together when we ran into the Japanese Cosplay group all dressed as Fatima (the pic of the girls above our pic on that site, plus a few others). Many pictures were taken, to say the least. The few FSS fans that recognized us went absolutely nuts.

Later we come to find out there was someone at the con dressed as Ballanche hakase! Too bad he missed the picture op, I would really liked to have him in the pictures...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:44 am

Lalasa wrote: Thank you for the link! She is a gorgeous Auxo. Do you have any other links like that? I'm going through the forum right now, but...I'm having problems.

*tries to reattach her jaw while typing* Wow, I'm thin with a waist circumference of 23 1/2 inches, but she make me look like a stuffed sausage. Her waist is probably a 20 or 22...I want legs like that! XD
ah, that forum is not strictly for cosplay, actually more of a FSS discussion forum.

http://hyra.vis.ne.jp/mimic/

http://k-h.wink.ac/isou-enn/

http://misaki.where-i.net/cosplay/index.html

I got them from the FSS webring. There're probably more, try searching from the list below (there's more than 1 page, click on the link below)

http://www.webring.ne.jp/cgi-bin/webring?ring=fss;list

look for the words
コスプレ (cosplay)
Looking for:

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:57 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Yep, that was us!

What happened that year was very interesting.
I wish I would be so lucky. I'm running up to random blond, blue eyed, somewhat clean shaven guys to ask if they would be my Dai Gu for Sakura con! XD I'm making the flame trenchcoat costume for anyone who would take up the cosplay...And it looks like I've got one. Hopefully they'll stick all the way through this season to the con days.

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:45 pm

Lalasa wrote:
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Yep, that was us!

What happened that year was very interesting.
I wish I would be so lucky. I'm running up to random blond, blue eyed, somewhat clean shaven guys to ask if they would be my Dai Gu for Sakura con! XD I'm making the flame trenchcoat costume for anyone who would take up the cosplay...And it looks like I've got one. Hopefully they'll stick all the way through this season to the con days.

S
Glad to hear you've found one.

Don't forget to upload some pics and link em.

Rock on!
Shinei!