Sentou Yousei Yukikaze 5

Write a review or respond to one posted on Gears Online.

Moderator: kosh

Newton

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze 5

Post by Newton » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:33 am

OK kiddies:

I just wrapped my eyeballs around Yukikaze 5. It's a raw copy :(, but it's the most action-packed episode of the lot.

What can I say - TASTY IKUTO YAMASHITA GOODNESS!!!!!!!

This episode is an orgy of Yamashita mecha design, from aircraft (OMFG, the Banshee III is a BEAUTIFUL "kuchuu senkan" ME WANT MODEL!!!) to land vehicles and armor (ever seen a flying APC? Well, ya will now, beeyotch!!!).

I am eager to see the subtitled version of this show. Far too much exposition happens in this final episode, sandwiched inbetween far too much action. Kakoii checklist is as follows:

Amazing aerial battles - check.
Phenomenally badass aircraft - check.
Entirely too many JAMs - quadruple check to a trillion decimal places.
Happ'nin CGI - Oh, check yeah!

All this and the ending is - well - DA BOMB.

Download this lil' sucka. You'll be a happy, if somewhat confused, camper. But the mecha, ah GOD, the MECHA!!!

Oh. mine eyes have seen the glory of Ikuto Yamashita's genius!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

-Newt

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:04 pm

I watched the first 3 episodes of Yukikaze a week ago.

I'll grant you the cool CGI, the great mecha designs, and the over-the-top dogfights. I do want to see more of the JAMs. 8)

However, I thought the plot slow, funereal, self-important and over-telegraphed. The color palate is depressed and near-monochrome. (By my comparison Evangellion was a feel-good sit-com, and Sin-City was a psychodelic blaze of colors.) :roll:

Was it me, or did I detect more-than-a-little Yaoi in the relationship between the scrawny blond leader and the cliched anime hero? :lol:

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Zoxesyr wrote:Was it me, or did I detect more-than-a-little Yaoi in the relationship between the scrawny blond leader and the cliched anime hero? :lol:
I think the name of the squadron says it all: Fairy Air Force

I love the dogfights and any scenes with airplanes, but the rest of the drama...Meh.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:52 am

Oh, most definitely there's a yaoi influence in Yukikaze. I guess that's the most important thing of all: The airplane gets the bishonen in the end...^_^

Fairy Air Force, indeed...^_^

-Newt

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:31 pm

I've been seeing images of the jet fighters in hobby magazines. Does anyone know if art books are available?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:18 am

I checked HLJ again last night. There is not as yet a Yukikaze artbook. However, they are keeping their collective eyes peeeled, and will let us know as soon as one comes into existence.

I got what I had hoped was the mythical book, but it turned out to be a bust. Luckily I only spent twenty bucks on it.

Rest assured I am monitoring the situation, and will shriek loudly the moment I find out any news.

-Newt

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:00 am

Newton wrote:Oh, most definitely there's a yaoi influence in Yukikaze. I guess that's the most important thing of all: The airplane gets the bishonen in the end...^_^
Oh my! :o :D :lol: I am sure that you intended that pun!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:02 am

hitori wrote: I think the name of the squadron says it all: Fairy Air Force
ROTFLMAO!