Super Robot Wars R

The video game series and spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Sureiachan

Super Robot Wars R

Post by Sureiachan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

I wish they'd localize this or someone would translate it ... I really like the idea behind it. I've been fumbling through with a GameFAQ but I so totally suck at this game, I can't even figure out how to transform the Excellence *^_^*

But any game that can erase NadesEMO: Prince of Darkness is all right by me ^_^

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Super Robot Wars R

Post by Tachyon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I wish I had time to actually play the games that make up Super Robot Wars. They look like a lot of fun.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Sureiachan

Re: Super Robot Wars R

Post by Sureiachan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I really enjoy the concept behind SRW. I think the way they tie the series together (without obsessing over all the minutia of how one can exist alongside another) is inventive, and I like how you get to sometimes alter the course of your favorites. Sadly, it's quite hard to fully enjoy without a translation guide. THere's only so many times even I can rocket-punch some badguy in the face (or as my Girlfriend called it upon seeing me use the Grungust-2, the LOLFacepalm.)

R's mechanic was especially nice, IMO, as your core mecha had multiple forms (shells for the core fighter, essentially) each specializing in an environment and combat method. The main engine was a time device which generated power from the orderly motion of time. When overloaded, you jump backwards! Thus, you might start with NadesEMO, and end with the fun-loving Nadesico.