OG Divine Wars TV Show

The video game series and spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

OG Divine Wars TV Show

Post by Tachyon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 pm

I've watched the first 10 episodes of the SRW OG Diving Wars TV show (26 episodes). I'm surpised at how much I like it. This show is great! Much better than the 3 episode OAV that was made a few years back. Has anyone else watched it?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:02 pm

I saw the first few episodes a while back, though I never finished the series. It was quite good, but I couldn't abide by 3D rendered animation.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:09 am

Watch several episodes a while back. I would say animation quality is quite disappoint but it is great to see OG in anime form. The storyline of OG1 is great enough and I'm glad that most change in anime actually improve it. The final battle is epic but kind of rush (hey, they have three major game bosses in single episode).

I still like OVA more, but can see the problem that it doesn't spend time to introduce character to audience who doesn't play game.
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:20 pm

I watched the last episode today. I really like the show. Will there be another series?

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:28 pm

I saw the two episodes of the series, got say it sucks. :?
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 am

Tachyon wrote:I watched the last episode today. I really like the show. Will there be another series?
Currently, there is no news regard of new anime series. I really wish they will adapt OG2, it has better story and more variety of mech.
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Hey, if the plastic models keep selling there's always hope! I look forward to another series. The pacing and degree of focus given to characters was really well done.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:08 pm

I agree, Tachyon -- the show rocked! Having never played the game (don't do videogames), I didn't have anything to be disappointed about.

I was very happy with the CGI - no, it wasn't what it could have been, but it very rarely is unless one has a monster budget. That said, it wasn't any worse than a lot of stuff I see in anime today.

I have heard a couple of rumors about another series, but nothing I can point to as evidence. However, you can bet your bottom dollar that since the games sell like crazy, and the DVDs did well enough to warrant a US release, it's a good possibility that we will revisit the SRW universe again.

I'm keeping my ear to the ground, so stay tuned! :D