has any one

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

ghostfox

has any one

Post by ghostfox » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:20 pm

hi ppl havent been on here in a while but anyways does any play armored core ? i do wondering if anyone arounds here does

Engage

Post by Engage » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:45 pm

I have only played the first Armored Core game. It was pretty cool. I wasn't expecting the amount of custimization that was in the game. I haven't played any of the more recent one but I hear that they are pretty cool.

KOG

Re: has any one

Post by KOG » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:22 pm

ghostfox wrote:hi ppl havent been on here in a while but anyways does any play armored core ? i do wondering if anyone arounds here does
I used to love it. I own every domestically released AC game except for the most current (Ninebreaker).

Once I started playing AC3, I began to feel a bit tired of the series... the controls haven't evolved much, action feels kinda slow, enemy and landscape design is consistently dull, and the single-player missions have gotten very un-interesting.

In the old games, you used to have to enter a base or environment and travel all over to accomplish multiple objectives. Now it seems like you mostly just enter a small area or room and clear out waves of enemies. Pretty boring.

And to be honest, I was pretty pissed that they got rid of the human+ option. Human+ allowed you to have a much more flexible AC.

As a result, I've barely touched my copies of AC3, Silent Line, and Nexus.

I'm hoping AC4 on PS3 will be a bit more revolutionary. Not just more of the same with prettier graphics.

I really enjoyed a game called Zone of the Enders 2... it had great visuals and really good gameplay. I wish Armored Core could adopt at least a little of the fast and furious gameplay found in ZOE2.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:46 pm

I loved the Armored Core series, though admittedly, I've only played 2 of the PS2 version (I owned all of the PS1 games). There's just far too many PS2 games I want to play. I don't have time to play them all (I'm primarily an RPG fan, so those take priority)

However I would love to play the rest of the series and will probably get around too it soon.

I agree with KOG though, that they need to change the formula up a bit. The missions in the PS1 versions had a bit more variety and challenge to them. Now it seems as if its mostly about destroying enemies than completing mission objectives. I still love the games though.

I actually competed in two Armored Core tournaments at Anime Expo some years back. The first Tournament, I took second place. I would've taken first place but my opponent hit me with a long range attack, then fled the rest of the game, running the time down...and my A.C. had a few more points less Armor points than his, so he won. The spectators watching were unhappy to say the least...they wanted to see a battle (it was best two outta three. The first round, I whomped the guy in about 30 seconds. The second round, my A.C. slid down a hill into the outta bounds zone! doh! Third round he ran from me. Coward! The guy knew he was outmatched)

My main problem with the PS2 version of Armored Core is the fact that they keep removing the online aspects in the North American versions. That's just silly. Tons of people would play AC online. Hopefully though, now that Sony is pushing the online aspects of the PS3, AC 4 will be fully online capable...

And again, I agree with KOG. Zone of Enders 2 is by far one of the finest videogames I've ever played. I'm praying for a sequel to appear on the PS3...
Shinei!