46%
Don't like both.
23%
What's Star Wars/Trek? Who cares? No comments
No votes

Total votes: 13

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Mon May 16, 2005 2:26 pm

I like the star wars, but I hate the new star wars episodes. About the star trek, mmmmm it is borndest movie I have ever watch, I slept when I watching the movie.
Plus: I heard some my friends said star wars III will the worst one of 6 star wars episodes. And locase film will go out business because that.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon May 16, 2005 9:05 pm

Actually, "The Buzz" on Episode III is that it is easily the best of the Prequel films (not to hard to accomplish there) and that it may even rival Episodes 4 and 6, with Empire still being considered the best. (Of course this varies from individual to individual)
Shinei!

Altron

Post by Altron » Tue May 17, 2005 12:34 am

Nothing's going to be the "I'm your father" line. I mean, seriously, who was expecting that? Easily the biggest plot twist of all.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue May 17, 2005 12:53 pm

Tachyon wrote: I'm still waiting for an American, high-budget big fleet battles movie. It could happen!
What about `conquest beyond the starts` - oh wait! that was just `mag 7` in space using old ripped of Corman footage - whoops!

Hey Tach Im with you on that one - Ive just gopt into playing Homeworld and Homeworld 2 - years after being released - There is some rumoring of a Homeworld Film - a script as even been handed around - not sure where we stand at the moment though.

BUT there is apparently a very good fan-film of Homeworld - go check out some of the threads at Sci-Fi Meshes for more info.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/index.php?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 18, 2005 8:34 pm

Back from the cinema :D

This is one action-packed movie! Easily the best of the prequels, with alot of lightsabre fighting scenes. And very dark indeed, as our young Jedi submits to the darkside.

The movie tried to tie up the loose ends so that it tallies with the OT, and IMO the movie was abit too "rushed", the story was very fast paced. Some people might find that the chara development of Anakin turning to the darkside is not convincing. I think it is ok. I can see that some parts are not well executed (some little 'mistakes'?) and some things are still not explained. Expect some kind of Extended version? DVD only release?? :roll:

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the show.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed May 18, 2005 10:20 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:Back from the cinema :D

This is one action-packed movie! Easily the best of the prequels, with alot of lightsabre fighting scenes. And very dark indeed, as our young Jedi submits to the darkside.
Sounds good!

Major Jedi-on-Jedi action is what I've been waiting for.
Shinei!

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri May 20, 2005 12:25 am

Today some of my friends said the SW III is AWESOME, COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOlest movie ever.
Then it really make me want risk myself to see it. :shock:
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri May 20, 2005 10:32 pm

I just saw it.

Its quite good, but I think people are over-hyping it.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan too.

It still suffers from some of the same problems that the other "Prequel" films suffer from. Odd pacing. Bad acting. Too many SFX. However, the action in this film is top-notch. The opening scene is without a doubt the finest Space Battle ever committed to film. (Or should we say "Data" now that they are filming digitally?) and the actors do seem to be a bit more comfortable in their roles this time around.

There are definatly some cool scenes though. And let me say that Yoda simply rocked this movie.

Overall I do think its the strongest of the Prequel movies, but not up to par with the Original Trilogy.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat May 21, 2005 5:16 am

i think most people, if not all, must've loved the opening battle scene. U'd better not be late for this movie :D

I'd say the conversation betw Padme and Anakin were sooooo cheesy.... yucks. Horrible scripts, who wrote these?! :evil:

Hmm, Yoda? He gave up too easily and way too early. After watching this movie, my impression of Yoda and Anakin totally changed. Suddenly Yoda dont seem so strong and determined, Vader dont seem so evil, instead it looked as if he was a poor boy who was being misguided and manipulated. Totally different from OT Vader... :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat May 21, 2005 11:51 am

I haven't seen it so I can't talk about, but have you seen this parody ?
http://www.sequentialpictures.com/movie ... sode3.html

Just a shame I don't understand all the dialogs, particularly the black guy speaking to fast (or "to american") to me :wink:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat May 21, 2005 4:50 pm

Yes, I've seen that. Its incredibly funny.
Shinei!

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun May 22, 2005 5:13 am

The black guy was freakin' hilarious. I mean, I've never seen a spoof so funny.

"Why don't you just throw some cotton on the ground, massah Yoda. Huh? Huh?"

"Why's everything gotta be black?"

Hilarious.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Mon May 23, 2005 12:39 am

Neither.
Altron wrote:Nothing's going to be the "I'm your father" line. I mean, seriously, who was expecting that? Easily the biggest plot twist of all.
Really? Where I was at the time I saw it no one was really interested in sci-fi. There was no one around who could have spoiled it for me, but I didn't need anyone. It was one of the 'loudest' plot twists I have ever heard.

I was actually expecting it and I would have been pleasantly shocked if it didn't happen what with all the posing and "dramatic, heroic/villianous" speeches. When it did, all I could do was roll my eyes and laugh. Absolutely predictable. I even guessed right down to the scene in which Vader said it too!

Maybe it was all those anime I've watched before looking at Star Wars that jaded me to just about any plot twist Hollywood could throw at me...

S