Kung Fu Hustle

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

ShinDVDz

Kung Fu Hustle

Post by ShinDVDz » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:18 pm

Have any of you seen it yet? I saw it during my birthday party, it's really funny. Wondering if anyone else is interested or has already seen it.

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:32 pm

I've seen it.
The overall story was weak and forced at times, but the special effects were very well done.

And the various wacky kung-fu styles!
That was hilarious! :D

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:03 pm

I've only seen a trailer, but it looks great!

I'm going to try to aquire it (or possibly rent) sometime in the near future.
Shinei!

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:37 pm

Yeah its great - its also by the same guy that did Shoalin Soccer - a good pedigree so far in my opinion.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Stephen Chow.

Story is very crappy IMO, special effects maybe something, but does that justify a good movie? The character development part, esp the most important point where the change in character... is soooo shabbily done, some questions left unanswered...

I've seen MUCH better Stephen Chow movies. Those were the days. Looks like HK Movie really plunged very low these few years.

Some gossip about the movie :twisted: : it seems like Stephen pissed off many people in this movie, one of them is Sammo Hong Jinbao (martial arts expert, senior of Jackie Chan ;) ) the martial arts choreographer for this movie.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Well, I didnt really expect a story or anything out of Stephen Chow...although I do agree some of his older movies (i.e. God of Cookery) were much better. Another thing to consider, though, is that he wrote the movie this time, whereas in the past,he only starred in movies.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:32 pm

and Directed...

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Wow. I'm pretty late to jump on this 'hurr bandwagon, but I'm really hoping to see the movie soon. I'm in the mood for a good Kung-Fu parody... but nothing as stupid as Kung-Pow.

*Oils the rusty hinges on both elbows*

After a short hiatus from Gears, I'm back. Haha.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi Altron - you been busy elsewhere?