The Godzilla (or other kaiju) thread >:o

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Sign of Haro

The Godzilla (or other kaiju) thread >:o

Post by Sign of Haro » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:54 pm

Any fans in the house?

If so, what were your favorite movies/monsters/etc. ?

I'm quite partial to Spacegodzilla and Mechagodzilla myself in terms of monsters. I used to have a Spacegodzilla action figure... but I lost the damn thing :/

As for movies, I like the original Godzilla, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, and the movies with the monsters mentioned above. Good stuff. 8) The Godzilla movie that Emerich made I found to be horrible... didn't like it at all.

*still wants to see a Mazinger Z vs Godzilla crossover > : D*

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:15 pm

I like the Godzilla movies a lot but it's been a while since I've been able to see one.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:12 pm

I just built a Zoids Gojulas Giga, a really nice toy, give it to a little boy and you're sure he'll like mechas all his life :D

But that's a bit off-topic, maybe I'll talk about it in the review section^^

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:37 am

My fav movie? Godzilla VS. Violante. My top three favourite kaiju are "Burning Godzilla" (one that seen in Godzilla VS. Destroyer) Mecha King Ghidora and Violante second form. (But some like mecha Kiryu or Destroyer final form come close.)
Justice will never lose!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:43 pm

Lets see, I really loved the 90's Gamera films more than the 90s Godzilla films, of course I think the English dub ruins the Godzilla ones ( I have to replace my tapes with DVDs so I can hear them in their original language)

Anyway, Fave Kaiju........Gamera, Space Godzilla, Iris, Legion, Gyaos, King Ghidorah, Biolante, and of course Godzilla himself.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:29 pm

Daishikaze wrote:Lets see, I really loved the 90's Gamera films more than the 90s Godzilla films, of course I think the English dub ruins the Godzilla ones ( I have to replace my tapes with DVDs so I can hear them in their original language)

Anyway, Fave Kaiju........Gamera, Space Godzilla, Iris, Legion, Gyaos, King Ghidorah, Biolante, and of course Godzilla himself.
:O! :O! :O!

I can't believe I forgot to list Godzilla... >_____> Yeah, adding Godzilla and Gigan to my list.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 pm

I do think that Biollante was a terrific monster. Admittedly, the movie was kinda lacking in the kaiju-fight department... But the idea of Biollante was just so COOL to me.

However, the first new Gamera movie was really, really, REALLY amazing. I think that may be my favorite kaiju movie of all time.

Although Godzilla X Mechagodzilla was really awesome too.

Hmmm. Damn, I need to think about this more.

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 pm

Does Kaiju Big Battel count? If so, they're my favorite.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:51 pm

Go Jet Jaguar!! - he`s the man but only after the everloving Godzilla.

Love the Gamera movies - on that topic does anyone else own the weird Dub version with inappropriate Eletro music soundtrack blaring out a starnge moments? and the even weirder sight/sound of Oriental School girls speaking in thick regional british accents? - made me laugh my lungs up.

in order

Godzilla
Jet Jaguar
Gigan - hes soooooooooo cute and rock to boot
MechGodzilla
Mothra - aye! he can kick ass when he needs too
Mogra
Rodan - good ole air support
and just because hes even more inneffectual than Mothra - that weird Chinese dragon/pipe cleaner dragon thing that gets hit by the monorail in `Destroy All Monsters`

and last but not least as he may well flourish to hold the title of King of the Monsters - Minilla

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:22 pm

I liked how the American Godzilla looked...

And the normal G is cool, too

Don't know alot of the other monsters names, though -__-