What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whazzup!?

Post by Tachyon » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:17 pm

Hey, everybody.

Dang, it's been quiet around here. Well, sorry about the lack of updates. My whole family's getting ready to leave for India in a few weeks. My wife and son leave in a week and I follow 2 weeks after that. That means 2 weeks of free time to work on the site!

A new Epson 11" x 17" scanner is on order and should arrive next week. A little background on that: I had some oversized images scanned at a local graphics shop but the 2nd time I went there they gave me some crap about refusing to scan anything that came from a book or magazine. So, I took matters into my own hands and ordered a big ol' scanner. Now those magazine fold-outs won't be so tough to handle.

I'll have the Gundam Mk. V page up tonight or tomorrow night. I'll try to follow soon after with the Xeku Zwei page.

In other news, my Bubblegum Crisis artbooks and Guyver artbook arrived from Mandarake. I've already scanned a few Guyver images in preparation for things to come. Getting GEARS Online into some Bubblegum Crisis and Guyver Web rings should increase traffic to the site.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:58 am

A lot of places get touchy about scanning anything that could be considered copyrighted,evryones so lawsuit happy these days no one wants to take any chances.
You and your family have a great time on your trip,from what I've seen in pictures and film Indias a beautiful country.Just watch your collective backsides though,the worlds a little more than crazy these days.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:05 pm

The new scanner arrived and it's plenty big. I need to attach the SCSI card to my computer tonight and see if I can make it work with Photoshop.

The first scan will be a size comparison of mechs from various Studio Sunrise TV shows. Then I'll nail those Character Model Magazine inserts.

I spent last night scanning some Ideon images for a friend's site. I'll probably open a small Ideon section here too.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:49 pm

The new scanner is working so far. Now I have to figure out where to put that Sunrise image of mecha from several different TV shows!

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:22 am

Make a non-series specific page for Gears on line.Put all your "random" images there.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:19 am

I think under "Series" I'll list a new one: Grab Bag. Under that, I can put Studio Sunrise, Masamune Shiro and some others I've been pondering. I should also make a Gundam Grab Bag.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:04 pm

A section for Gundam GrabBag is a good idea.Kondos' Crossover Notebooks have some great redesigns in them,aswell as his Record of MS Wars.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:37 pm

Well, yeah. Plus the hobby magazines have so many cool Gundam designs that don't fit under any banner.