Car?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

ShinDVDz

Car?

Post by ShinDVDz » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:31 am

What do you guys drive? I know a lot of you probably drive, considering the age group.. :)
Now...second question, what do you WANT to drive? haha...it's not uncommong to drive a Toyota Camry but to want to get your hands on that oh-so-sexy Supra!

Myself? I don't drive yet...but I want a Toyota Trueno or a Civic Hatchback...yes...alot of Initial D... :wink:

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:36 am

I drive my parents's car for now. A car is so expensive...
It's a Citroën Berlingo, yeah !
http://www.citroen.com/CWW/fr-FR/RANGE/ ... o/default/

What I want ?
Mmh, on a semi-realistic basis, I like the Audi, whether A3, A4, A6, and of course S3, S4...

And about exotic cars, the R34 Skyline, a GT one but for road version would be great :p

The Diablo has always been my favourite since I'm a child, the GTR one tuned by a swiss tuner is my fav :
here : http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/affgtrlm.htm
and there : http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/affolt2.htm

Also the Ford Tonka is awesome but it's a proto :
http://www.edmunds.com/media/news/conce ... 34.500.jpg

I laso like Aston Martin a lot, fast and class^^

Knowlton

Post by Knowlton » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:57 pm

I have a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. It's my baby. You can't dis an over 300 horsepower V8 engine. Of course it's manual transmission.

I'm waiting for the 2006 Shelby Cobra to come out. 450 horsepower.

Do I need all that horsepower? Yes, yes I really do.

Here's my baby:

I put some really nice Louvers on the back, but no pic of that yet.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:09 pm

Yeah, considering I don't even have my learners permit yet, I'm not thinking about what car I'll get, much less cars in general.

I'd like to get a Jetta -- they seem like comfy, but middle-of-the-road pricewise. And you gotta love the black leather, and the contrasting orange interior radio lights! Whoo.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:18 pm

Darn it Knowlton thats a nice piece of work - you taking offers for when you go Dodge? Which by the way I would realy like to have as well. Whats the p & p like for a car to England do you think :shock: .

Knowlton

Post by Knowlton » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm

Thanks! Go Dodge? I am not sure what you are talking about. . .

Anyway, I really can't image that I'll ever sell this car. The reality is that Mustangs don't have great resale values as most owners dog them. By 2004, the last year of the Fox4 build, the cars were rated very well by consumer reports, but believe me, I'd be apprehensive buying a used Mustang without the cash for possible repairs. The great thing about Mustangs is that they are pretty affordable, and the aftermarket part industry is awesome for Mustangs. I belong to a Mustang club and you'd be amazed at what people will replace in their cars to get an extra 5 horsepower. But it's that kind of thing that makes you wonder how hard a car was driven before you got it.

In Florida, Mustang drivers have a bad reputaton, and I am probably the type of driver that doesn't help it. :p

So I jump back and forth as to whether or not I'll ever sell it. When I am looking at other cars, I think, "hey I could go for that," but when I am in The Beast, It feels like home. The leather seats hug your body like no other seats I've sat in, and with the leather around the stearing wheel, the Shaker Scoop vibrating out of the hood, and the gurgle coming from the exhausts, I can't imagine ever letting her go. On top of that, anything I would get for her wouldn't be anywhere near what I feel the car is worth, especially since they only made around 9000 of these. So when I pay her off, she might spend some time in the garage, but so long as I know she's always there, I can fire up the engine whenever I want.

Of course, I sound all sentimental now, but when the Shelby comes out next year. . .

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:10 am

Sorry maybe my mistake but I thought the Shelby was being made to some degree by the Dodge people - maybe thats just the english release as I know we are haveing a very very limited number over here and they are being made road worthy by another company - that said Id love to have one.

Knowlton

Post by Knowlton » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Road worthy? What does that mean??? Actually, Mustangs don't have great handling, and in the case of the MACh 1, the engine is so heavy that it can fish-tail while making hard turns while driving fast. It's actually better to accerate in a turn and slide through it. They are strictly dragsters, which is fine, because the only place I would do 130mph-140mph is on a straight road.

Dodge has the Viper and the Neon.

Here's the Shelby Cobra:

450 horsepower. . .

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:08 pm

Yeah Ive seen it very very nice indeed.

`Road Worthy` - Oh I think they are having to convert various bits for the british market - I heard something about the brakes and no doubt engine change downwards - but mainly I think it`ll be swapping around the driver seat and that kind of thing. Its a shame I was realy looking forward to them getting here but after 5th gear the other night where it was put toe to toe against some ugly piece of modern engineering it looks like they are going to be a bit of a disappointment in terms of handling. But hey! who buys them for the handling? :wink:

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:57 pm

Hey, here's something related to cars :

Today I've been the dumbest man on earth.
I had to pick-up my little brother, I start the car (my parents' car), the tank is almost empty...
Damn...
I go to the oil station, put 20 liters, and go take my brother.
On the road back home, at about 500m from home, the car starts to have some throttle holes, "what now ?", and I say to my brother "that's SP95 right ?" (don't know the name in english, "lead-less octan 95 maybe ?), and my brother replies "no, it's a diesel", "god damn it ! what an asshole ! :shock: :shock: :shock: ", so I arrived and quickly shut the car off.

Now I'm praying every god on earth and everywhere else that it's nothing serious. The internet is great when such things happen, so I quickly searched on the net, well I found every kind of results. Some said they more or less had to buy a new engine, some just to do a whole motor cleaning (emptying the fuel tank), I hope it's the latest in my case... As apparently I mostly used the tank reserve which still contained diesel, and only at the end used a bit more SP95 than diesel...

Damn, I hate when I'm dumb like that... (our second car uses SP95, maybe I had it stuck in mind and didn't realized I was mistaking... *stupid stupid stupid*)
If the car is dead, I'm dead too :roll: :wink:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm

Damn! I hope you're ok. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to cars. I just follow my mechanic's advice and let him change the oil during scheduled visits.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:33 pm

I drive a 2005 Mustang GT Deluxe and I would love to own a 2004 Bugatti 16.4 Veyron its my dream car.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:45 pm

Wow, a Mustang ? It looks great, though it must suck oil quite a bit :?
Veyron is great, that's one of the few new supercars I like. I find most of the others are to simple, to flat (as a Diablo fan since my childhood, I'm not a big fan of Murcielago and the new lambos...), not enough charism like the Diablo or Skyline, but I wonder when the Veyron will be officially for sale... It's been announced for at least 4 years now...

Well about my story of wrong oil in the tank^^
I phoned the car's brand garage for all informations, and verdict was that they would charge 90€ for moving the car (the garage is 5 kilometers away from home ! :shock: :shock: :shock: ), and 150€ for cleaning the tank and changing a filter.
Well I eventually phoned my previous mechanic, quite reliable, he told me all I had to do was emptying the tank (I did it with an aquarium hand pump, removed about 19-20 liters from the 21 I put in the last day), to put some diesel in the tank again, start the car and let it idle without throttle, wait for it to stop coughing until it burned the rest of SP95 and make a normal noise again, that's all. On the phone, he looked pretty sure this should work and there wouldn't be any damage.
So that's what I did, and so far it's working again. :wink:

Well, now I wonder if I should phone the official garage and curse them 'til I feel thirsty... :twisted:

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:31 pm

Falk the Veyron is supposed to come out this year with only 300 cars being made in the next 5 years it will be sold to select customers for a price of $1,363,116 it will also be the fastest car in the world going at 252 mph or 406 km/h.