what mech's do u love and from what shows?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:53 pm

Hahaha, Kuruni, you are such an SRW maniac! I commend you for being so consistent!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:23 pm

My favorites:

Dangaio (all the mecha from that show were gorgeous)
FSS MH's (esp Engage series, Prominence, Neptune, Yen Xing, MM: Auge)
BGC: Hardsuits, Motoslaves and the DD
Gall Force: Some of the mecha and powered suits are very cool
Macross: Esp VF-21/22 and VF-2SS
Gundam: Nu Gundam, V2 Buster/Assault, Z Gundam, S Gundam and NT-1
Shinei!

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:38 am

FSS: Engage Octaver and Junchoon; MM Auge; LED Mirage; MM Yen Xing; Bang Doll

L-Gaim: L-Gaim, Original Auge, Novel D-Sserd, G-Roon

SRW: Cybaster, Wild Falken, Huckebein Mk 1, Vysaga, Valcion, Neo Granzon, Jaom

Gundam: Bau, Hi-Nu Gundam

Dunbine: Sirbine, Billbine

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 am

I just realized: Quebely...that thing looks pretty sexy, too. It looks cool...

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:56 pm

Dunbine, Gundam, and FSS are pretty high on my list

As well as Patlabor (X-0, Griffon, and Phantom mainly )

The Brain Powered mech is neat, too...

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:49 pm

Gunbuster, Zeta Gundam and Qubeley are the top mecha with me. Just going from a firepower standpoint its hard not to like the Ideon, although its among the more ugly mechas out there as essentially a souped up GM :P

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:57 am

Voices of a Distant Star -- All,
Dangaio -- Bloody II (I think), Gil-Gear,
FSS -- MM Auge, MH Jagt Mirage, MH F/Phantoms, Hydra <--which I think is an MH...I can't remember.

All the female mechas in Iczer-1. The original "series". Also, the title is at the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to say it anyway; Gouf Custom, mainly because of Norris Packard.

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:21 pm

ShinDVDz wrote:I just realized: Quebely...that thing looks pretty sexy, too. It looks cool...
You damn straight its "sexy". Nagano designed it!
Shinei!

Knowlton

Post by Knowlton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:13 am

Well, I am kind of old school, so some sentimental favorites are the Combat Armors from Dougram (hey, why else would I make a HUGE Dougram section on my site?), Votoms, Orguss, Mospeada, and of course, the original Macross designs from the original series and 'Do You Remember?' movie.

As far as Gundam goes, I think Z Gundam is amazing. Primarily because it was the first real series after the original, and going from Mobile Suit Gundam to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam blew me away. I still think the Mk II is one of the best mech designs ever. I love the Type 100, Gaplant, Hizack, Marasai, Messala, and a few others. I am not crazy about them all, but I think for it's time the designs are way ahead of their time.

Next up I love the designs from 0083, as I have always like the originals, but I think the re-designed, more modern looking versions of the Zaku and GMs were brilliant.

Next up, 0080. I love all of them. Perfect balance of realism and fantasy. Love the guns too. GM Cold Climate, Commands, and Snipers are my favorite GMs of all time. Love the Zaku FZ.

Of course, the mother of all Gundam series: Gundam Sentinel. I think realistically, these are the kinds of MS you would see in the future, as opposed to simple looking MS with a single clip for their machine gun. These things are big, stick out, and would be easy to target. If they aren't fast and loaded with a crap load of weapons, then I can't see any purpose of them. Plus I love the New Decides suits.

Here and there I like some others. I think the Endless Waltz designs were awesome too, given I HATED the original Gundam Wing designs. Not crazy about the lack of variety of the Oz suits. . . I like some of the Zanscare suits from V Gundam. . .

Some of the worst? Just about all of them from Gundam ZZ, Turn A (the only series I've never bought a kit for), and I'd like to pretend G Gundam never happened. . .

Gasaraki is cool. Love Xabungle (except for the Xabungle and Walker Gallier - which are lame), and think Dunbine are nice too.

That's about it I think. . .

Darc_Serpent

Post by Darc_Serpent » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:26 am

GUNDAM WING!!!!!! OMG IT'S A HEAVENLY WORK OF ART :D

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 am

Gundam Wing(as in Wing, Wing Zero and Wing Zero Custom), Astranagun(SRWAlpha1), Dis Astranagun(SRWAlpha3), Daizengar(SRWAlpha2) and Grungust Series(SRW Alpha)

Ryusei_Zero

So many...

Post by Ryusei_Zero » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:05 pm

I love so many Giant robots...O_O;;

My all time favourite Robot ever is, and will always remain, Mazinger Z. I think he's the most fun to watch in action, and his attacks will always be my favourite..As a result, I like the other "Rocket Punch" generation robots... ( Great Mazinger, Grendizer, and I guess Mazinkaiser can be included here..)

I also love Getter Robo, its combination is awesome even if it could never happen, and the whole thing is just so hot-blooded! You can never keep the Getter team down! ( So far, my fave is still the original design, but the New Getter Robo one is pretty close! )

I also liked the Yuusha shows, Espicially GaoGaiGar.

Giant Robo is my favourite show EVER, and I also like the Giant Robot in that, as well as Mitiseru Yokohoma's other stuff ( Mars, Tetsujin 28, ect)

As far as Gundam's go, I like the unique ones. Turn A Gundam has been my favourite show so far, and I really liked Turn X, the Sumo, the Flat, and Turn A himself. I loved all the Gundam shows, but out of the UC Gundams my favourite design has allways been the ReGez, followed by Zeta Gundam and the original Guncannon. I like most of the AC Stuff, Master Gundam my favourite after the Turn A stuff.

Super Robot Wars rocks too! Though the best Robot in there is obvious- DAIZENGAR!!! :D

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 pm

Nagano’s designs for FSS and L-gaim are all lovely.
anything by Yoji Shinkawa is pure gold.
Kazumi Fujita’s designs in Quovadis2 (sega saturn game) are some of the best I’ve ever seen.

and I’m a sucker for Go Nagai’s super robots :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:17 pm

Are there any art books for Quo Vadis showing the mecha? How about Quo Vadis 2?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Ryusei_Zero

Post by Ryusei_Zero » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:22 pm

Nagano’s designs for FSS and L-gaim are all lovely.

I loved the Crap out of FSS, at least the movie..

The manga was supposdly published here in the states, but I've been unable to locate it..