Age Group

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Altron

Post by Altron » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:46 pm

CRAP! I'm like... the baby in the group. I'm like... 6 years younger than the youngest person on here.

Man.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:03 pm

Could be, could be... (nods) Plus, your avatar icon is the cuuuuutest one here!
Altron wrote:CRAP! I'm like... the baby in the group. I'm like... 6 years younger than the youngest person on here.

Man.

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:41 am

Yeah, but being young is cool. I don't need to worry about kids wreaking havoc around here, or cooking dinner, or if I paid the bills. Only go to school, do my work, and chill. Tis a nice life.

And what does that have to do with my age? And why is a grown man saying my avatar is ky00t?

The fluffball is cool, as he's a pet who can eat chocolate, instead of that nasty kibbles-n-bits junk. Maybe I should name him... suggestions?

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:37 am

Altron wrote:Yeah, but being young is cool. I don't need to worry about kids wreaking havoc around here, or cooking dinner, or if I paid the bills. Only go to school, do my work, and chill. Tis a nice life.
Don't rub it in... :D
Altron wrote:And what does that have to do with my age? And why is a grown man saying my avatar is ky00t?.
Nothing to do with your age. :D As a professional Artist, Grebo does have the qualifications (and resume to back it up) to identify "cuteness".
Altron wrote:The fluffball is cool, as he's a pet who can eat chocolate, instead of that nasty kibbles-n-bits junk. Maybe I should name him... suggestions?
...but it is something that in any anime would be called "Kawaii" and would usually be the totally platonic mascot of some Sailor Moon type or other. :wink:

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:35 am

Newton wrote:Breaking the silence...

I'm 41. So there is an official Council of the Aged here at Gears.^__^

Pass me my Roujin-Z!!!

-Newt
O.k. we have a Quorum of the Ancients started!

I'll get my nuclear powered teeth :!:

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:36 am

Daishikaze wrote:
ShinDVDz wrote:It's suprising that so many of you have time to go on forums still at your age...How many of you guys are married, anyways? I know Tachyon is...
I'm married, been with my wife almost 8 years now
Should this be a separate string: "relationship status"?

:)

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:11 am

Altron wrote:CRAP! I'm like... the baby in the group. I'm like... 6 years younger than the youngest person on here.

Man.
Actually, you're only one year younger than the second youngest person here...me :-P <--- 16, turning 17 on MARCH 21ST...

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:39 pm

Altron wrote:Yeah, but being young is cool. I don't need to worry about kids wreaking havoc around here, or cooking dinner, or if I paid the bills. Only go to school, do my work, and chill. Tis a nice life.
Yeah you say that now - but think on....

As to the time thing and where I find it - well I for one only post at dinner time from work - its better than a quick run around the block or a Mac E D`s for dinner.

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:03 pm

SteamTrooper wrote:Yeah you say that now - but think on....
Think on about what? How my life will be? Okay, so I understand growing up is hard and whatnot. So?

I sort of miss the point of your reply. And fluffyballguy pwnz the Sailor Scouts.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:16 pm

Hey - I was only trying to sober the moment - enjoy it why you can might have been a better way of putting it.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:32 pm

i think its pretty sweet we have 3 generations of mecha lovers

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:10 pm

SteamTrooper wrote:Hey - I was only trying to sober the moment - enjoy it why you can might have been a better way of putting it.
He is enjoying it...

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Ages 15 or so to 41 or so... Yeah, that IS pretty sweet!

Mecha geeks RULE!!!! (waves fist in air)
FSS is totally emo wrote:i think its pretty sweet we have 3 generations of mecha lovers

Altron

Post by Altron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:42 pm

Yeah, I wish my dad liked mecha. That'd be cool. We could debate about what mecha would win fights, and we could watch some Gundam together or something. But hey, football/simpsons is the most common ground we have for shows on TV.

meh. And being a teenager rawks. Don't try and sober me up. ^.^ lemme float on cloud nine until real life smacks me in the face after college, kay?

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:56 pm

Good to see I'm not alone in the " aged catagory " , I'm 38 heading for 39 in July . Good to see that mecha and anime in general is not just a young persons hobby . Ya' know what though , those of us 30 and older got to see some of the best anime ever created when it was brand-new , Speed Racer , Space Battleship Yamato , MSG , and Gatchaman are just a few that come to mind when I think back to when I was " young " ( Not that I feel that old now , my daughter wouldn't stand for dad getting old on her . :D ) .
Do you understand?