What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Photo on "About the Author" Page

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:11 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/aboutgears/author/

I've posted a more recent photo of my own family for those who are curious. My wife wishes everyone here a happy new year and says, "Please don't work my husband too hard."
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:19 am

Wish the missus well, too :)
Nice pictures, though. I always imagined you to look younger :-/

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:25 pm

you gotta start your son early on FSS! :wink:

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:17 pm

Tachyon:

Nice looking family you've got there! Funny you should mention Exalted - I finished art for Aspect Book-Water not long ago. I'm currently working on art for Autocthon right now.

Have Fun,

-Newt

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:43 pm

That is really cool, Newton. I wish you well with your current projects. It would be great if we could have a chance to get together some time. Let me know when you're back in Utah.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Post by Altron » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Aw man, this is great! I expecting you to have brown hair, rather think face, and wear glasses. haha, but good looking either way.

Your son doesn't look like you much. Get him some mecha toys; forget Bob the Builder!

And to you wife: "Sorry, but he has to finish more sections."
*whipcrack sound in the distance, followed by Tach's scream* "OKAY! I'LL GET MORE UP!"

Hehe... just kidding with you. You've done a great job throwing up content. Now when I search for Gundam Sentinel, Gears is #1 and #2 on Google. Awesome.

And another random remark to your wife, I like her dress. w00t.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:09 pm

Héhé, something in your face reminds me of Bill Clinton. :wink:

28 countries ?

Wow, sometimes I think that's the way life should be : travels, and travels, and even more travels, meeting new peoples and cultures, for a few days, for longer, staying at a place more longer if you like it, they finally fly to another place. And sometimes I'm relatively happy, in my relatively materialistic existence, waiting for the next Gojulas Giga at 1$ on ebay... Ôo :wink:

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:34 am

Abit different than my imaginary image. But you're great non the less. :D
Hehe... just kidding with you. You've done a great job throwing up content. Now when I search for Gundam Sentinel, Gears is #1 and #2 on Google. Awesome
Yeah, Google directories rank this place just slighly below MAHQ.
Justice will never lose!

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:12 pm

Hmm, I wonder if it would be a good idea to expand on mecha info,though? We wouldn't want to compete wtih MAHQ or anything...

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:33 pm

Tachyon:

Thanks for the encouragement! Count on us getting together when I get back to UT. Hey, have you guys been to Lava Hot Springs yet? I'd love to have a small convention there during the off-season....

-Newt

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:03 am

ShinDVDz wrote:Hmm, I wonder if it would be a good idea to expand on mecha info,though? We wouldn't want to compete wtih MAHQ or anything...
Unlikely that would happen. This site is more concentrate on something quite rare, while MAHQ seem to completely focus on Gundam and series's review. (No more Aura Battler's profile made in to "Burke's all world" style since Dunbine and Billbine.) While this site is more concentrate on bringing information for uncommon mecha. :D In short, this site covered in different area with MAHQ.
Justice will never lose!

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:49 am

A fine looking family indeed Tachyon , although you do look quite a bit different than I pictured you mentally ( I pictured you thinner and quite tall , over 6' 2" or 6' 3" ) . Sorry I haven't posted for a while , job and families had me on the run . MAHQ is a general anime site , specifically focusing on Gundam in general , while Gears on line is a more specific site focusing on the mecha for true mecha enthusiasts , not just general anime fans . There's no worry about us becoming just another MAHQ , the focus here is to tight and directed .
Do you understand?