Gatiger (i think)...

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Zoxesyr

Gatiger (i think)...

Post by Zoxesyr » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:07 am

O.k. I just had a momentary flashback to when I was a kid, and I remember seeing the toys for Gatiger. :?:

It was a set of 5 cars that interlocked into one giant car. It seemed like a rip-off of battle for the planets (aka gatchaman), but not as high concept.

I only saw a couple of episodes on the local japanese channel, but I thought the car toys were super cool. 8) (it was also when I found out how expensive japanese toys could be... :evil: )

I know these aren't humanoid mecha, but they are still small scale mechs nonetheless...

Newton

Hey, I remember that Show, Too!

Post by Newton » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:17 pm

Oh, yeah, Gattiger!

Buncha aliens challenge the whole world to a road-race, if memory serves correctly... :P

Even the characters had the same names as the Gatchaman crew, except Ken was #2, and Joe was the leader-guy! I remember watching some eps at the Worldcon in 1980, and laughing my ass off! Especially when the sappy song "Step on the Gas" played. I also loved the killer chainsaws that the Gattiger would sprout for its finishing move.

Priceless.^__^

-Newt

Newton

Hey, I remember that Show, Too!

Post by Newton » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:19 pm

Oh, yeah, Gattiger!

Buncha aliens challenge the whole world to a road-race, if memory serves correctly... :P

Even the characters had the same names as the Gatchaman crew, except Ken was #2, and Joe was the leader-guy! I remember watching some eps at the Worldcon in 1980, and laughing my ass off! Especially when the sappy song "Step on the Gas" played. I also loved the killer chainsaws that the Gattiger would sprout for its finishing move.

Priceless.^__^

-Newt