Post random mecha pics

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:29 pm

I had a feeling that you were that Newton. Wasn't sure so I didn't want to say anything.

Been a fan of your artwork ever since I saw your designs in RIFTS: Atlantis. Absolutely fantastic. We met once at Anime Expo (in fact, I think it was the same Expo where I met Ben Wright) but I doubt if you remember since I'm sure you've met hundreds of fanboys at such converions.

I remember, you had a large pic of your design in RIFTS: Atlantis of the Dragonship....but wouldn't part with it. Or maybe it was that you were selling it for big cash, but in anycase I wasn't able to aquire it. :cry:

Glad to see you're still in the "game" and still a big anime/mech enthusiast. Keep up the quality work! I'll be on the lookout for more of your art in the future...
Shinei!

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:05 am

RIFTS Atlantis?

Bring in the Splurgorths! XD

Just to stay on topic... L-Gaim vs Aug.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:44 am

Nu Soard:

Thanks for remembering ME! Hell, I hope people can remember me with all the other designers out there, but I'm grateful when it happens. I'm sure I'd remember you if I saw your face - I'm horrible with names<gomen nasai>.

Anyhoo, yeah - I'm back in the game, after taking too long messing with videogames (long story - let's hook up, have a drink and I'll bore you with it if you're interested^_^). Mainly I'm glad you remember the Dragon Ship. That one is one of my favorites. Y'know, I'm gonna re-do that piece fairly soon. There's just so much more I wanted to do with it.

Thank you so much for thinking well of me and my art! I've got some new stuff in upcoming EXALTED books, so please look for me there. I also want to get back to CA for some convention action. Please let me know the good shows to get to, and I'll see you there!

-Newt

Oh, Tachyon - would it be possible to make it so the technically challenged (me, for sure) can upload art to GEARS? I'm a real ham-handed moron when it comes to links...0_O...
-n

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:37 pm

Poseidal wrote:RIFTS Atlantis?

Bring in the Splurgorths! XD

Just to stay on topic... L-Gaim vs Aug.
If you are unaware, Newtons contributions to that book include the Dragon Dreadnaught and the Kitani Serpent Powered Armor (sweet!)

There was another piece of RIFTS art from Newton that I liked a lot, but I don't think it was in Atlantis...might have been in the main rulesbook. The one with the Female robot and their Mount. I forget what they were called, but the artwork was fantastic...
Shinei!

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:16 pm

Really? That's cool; I don't play Rifts, and I only came across it looking for the system Lord Woot (from elf only inn webcomic) got his character from.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:25 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:There was another piece of RIFTS art from Newton that I liked a lot, but I don't think it was in Atlantis...might have been in the main rulesbook. The one with the Female robot and their Mount. I forget what they were called, but the artwork was fantastic...
I think I remeber that - wasnt it a Valkerie (sic) on a kind of Sabertooth like horse/Mecha beast? Loved that one - reminded me a lot of LONG (least I think thats his name) who I actually thought had done that picture.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:03 pm

Gosh, thanks SteamTrooper...o_0...

I think...

-Newt

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Yes it was a compliment - If its the picture I am thinking of, then it was very nice - long since lost/sold my Palladium books (most of them anyhoo!) but I recall a cyberwarrior on a cyber beast facing left on the right hand page - the memory plays tricks and I always thought it was a Kev Long picture - but this is probably as I remember him doing most of the illo`s for those books.

P.S what does ...o_0... mean?

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:31 am

Newton , this is an honor to meet you . I loved your work in Rifts Atlantis , the Dragon Dreadnought is fantastic and the art work for the Serpent P.A. is one that had the players in my old Rifts group drooling .
Do you understand?

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:24 am

Kosh, thank you!

Believe me, I'm the one who's honored - honored to be among fellow mechaphiles who have worked hard to create something great here at GEARS Online.

I am trying very hard to stay worthy of the praise you have all given me. Know that your words help me get the job done.

Sincerely,

-Newt

PS: Oh, SteamTrooper - 0_O is my look of bewilderment.
-N

Grebo Guru

More mechs!

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:06 am

Newton, you rock and all, but we need more fresh mechs here. Soooo...

These ones are from various web crawls I did recently. Below are the mecha from Aquarion, a new Shoji Kawamori show with mechs which combine much like those from Getter Robo...

Annnd, I'll post more as I find them.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:20 am

Hey, works for me...^__^

You gonna post the URLs for those first pics?

-Newt

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:59 am

Cool! Now I'm real interested in Aquarion. Also, those 2 top images are winners.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:05 am

Well guys, finding the URLs for those pics is part of a larger project. I really, really need to dump a heap of URLs into the Links section here. Ive got so many Japanese mecha art sites bookmarked I can barely sort through them all myself!

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:51 pm

I have a TON saved from Fun Bolt.... Here's some select pics

Have more I haven't even uploaded anywhere... But I love the works of the people that post there ^__^