Blogs

Post by ShinDVDz » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:16 am

Anyone have blogs here?
I got a xanga anda myspace...is all...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:49 pm

I thought about starting a blog but then realized I do basically the same thing here on the message board.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Post by Altron » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:20 am

I have a xanga. I was extremely resistant to it, mainly because I thought it was an asian thing... similar to migente ("my people" in spanish) or blackplanet. I didn't want to be... I dont know... a poser?

Anyway, over the summer, the urge was too great to resist. I wanted a place to write down what I thought, and have others see it. Maybe like a public journal, so I don't really write down serious stuff there.

My Xanga!

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:57 am

livejournal, but its friends only- mainly other "scene" kids. nothing really of value goes on there that would affect the world of mecha

bkito

Post by bkito » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 am

Altron wrote:Anyway, over the summer, the urge was too great to resist. I wanted a place to write down what I thought, and have others see it. Maybe like a public journal, so I don't really write down serious stuff there.

My Xanga!
Wow. Kinda makes me miss being your age. Sad hunh? I say you talk to the girl. You may regret it later if you don't. Later!

BK

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:30 pm

I agree but I dont know what this topic is about ?

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:37 pm

It's about blogs, it's like a diary where you wright everything you want, except it's on the net.

I read one (but it's in french), about anime/manga, the guy's not really talking about his life, but has a cool writing style, a bit sarcastic and fun...

Maybe I'l create one someday, when i'll have things to say more regularly^^.

Altron

Post by Altron » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:10 pm

bkito wrote:Wow. Kinda makes me miss being your age. Sad hunh? I say you talk to the girl. You may regret it later if you don't. Later!

BK
Aww. C'mon bkito. Don't make me feel all little and stuff, you grown man. :)

And yeah, I've heard the stories of when some dude decides just to talk to a girl just for the heck of it, and ends up having a happily-ever-after marriage. Strange. Too bad I don't think we'll know each other past high school.

::shrug:: eheh.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:46 am

Well, not me... I still think that diary suppose to be private...
Justice will never lose!

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:12 pm

Well, it's not quite a diary. It's a place where you can post your public thoughts. You don't really post your deep-down emotions.

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:23 am

It would be really depressing though, if someone write a fake story about one's life and post it on the internet. All the "LOL" "hehe" are fake.

Ah, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:16 am

ehh.. girls are a tricky subject. once you've dated your way through all the cute girls you know (and none of it ever lasted longer than two weeks), then what are you left with? :wink:

Altron

Post by Altron » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:09 pm

Damn. I shouldnt've posted my link. Everyone giving me advice... not that that's a bad thing. I guess advice is the only free thing people won't take.

And no, the LOLs and ahah's and OMGs aren't fake. There just isn't a better way to express laughter, sadness, surprise, etc online. You could type "that's funny" but it loses its human quality -- its conversational tone is gone.

Besides, I'm not trying to publish a book, mainly vent my emotions (not completely), and tell people funny stuff. There isn't another place on the net to do it. Over AIM it's constant chatting, and what you say can lose meaning. On a forum, it's not all about you anymore because a forum is [relatively] public. A blog is a private nook where your friends can talk to you and you can talk to them.

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:41 am

Actually I was just suggesting the idea of a delusional life on the internet. Nothing wrong with blog, it's suppose to be fun.

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:07 am

Oh damn! I just remembered that I didn't even post the address of the place...
well, here!
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=DVDmadZ
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12426091