Scanning

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

SteamTrooper

Scanning

Post by SteamTrooper » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:56 pm

Kosh - I have just got a new Scanner - wondered if there is anything I could scan for you - I mentioned the B-Clubs I have to be translated - I shall be scanning those this weekend - but I also have Sentinal and Z and a host of other anime/manga and general Mecha orientated things I could give pics of - any kits you would like the box art from for instance?

Just give me a nudge and I shall endeavor to deliver.

Adam

Newton

Huzzah for the New Scanner!!!

Post by Newton » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:50 pm

SteamTrooper:

Will these scans include the aforementioned Hagane No Oni lineart? I would appreciate your putting those up - I've only seen lineart from the OVA in one of Mr. Ohata's sketch collections (drool).

How far back does your B-Club collection go? I'm currently trying to find the earliest issues.

-Newt

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:11 am

Thanks SteamTrooper , I appreciate the offer . The B-Clubs are of great interest to me , I've seen some of the line art that was in them and they have some great variations and original designs . The box art , to be honest , is not of that much interest to me , the line art scans are because of my current project , I'm working on an archive of the best Gundam line art out there , that includes all variations like ver.Ka , Bee-Craft line art from the MG kits , what I reffer to as ver.Kondo , etc. If you want to do the scanning it'll be greatly appreciated and if you need help with anything I'd be happy to lend whatever aid I can.
Do you understand?

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:51 am

Hi Kosh - I have scanned some B-Club pages and some SRC - only done a few pages as a sample to see if maybe they are going to be of use - I scanned at full size 400 - 200 dpi - full colour and saved at JPG8 - I reduced them to get them onto floppy as I am uploading from a remote location and didnt have time to burn a cd.

The point is - I feel sure that you would be interested in the SRC - it is chock full of small Lineart - perfect I think for your use - but it would be best scanned with this in mind - The B-Clubs are much bigger and also would prob need a lot of fiddling to get the finished article you could use.

I am prepared to do this but thought a sample would be best to begin with and if you find it usuable give me your specifications for size and resolution and content of course and I shall do a clean up job on anyhting you require scanned.

Also could you let me know where to post these test-scans again? Ooops!

NEWTON - in answer to how far back they go - well I have some from 1991 - maybe one or two from earlier filed away - still not unpacked fully from house move.

Also have some other old mags - ModelGrphx and Hobbylink etc. - start at about the same period and lets not even go into my Newtypes.