more books!

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

more books!

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:27 pm

The mecha fairy came yesterday - Hobby Link Japan, actually. The L-Gaim Material Book is pretty cool. It seems to be aimed at plastic model builders. The color pages show which paint color to use for every part of every mechanical thing in L-Gaim. The book is very complete. Definitely written for mecha fans. It shows every mechanical design from the series!

The water toys special of Gundam Weapons is great fun. All the marine mobile suits in one place. I also got an extra Gundam Weapons to tear up and scan for this site and something for Gundam Seed.

Designs & Products Approved Gundam just came out. I ordered mine!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:22 am

The three Gundam books look great,the L Gaim book looks good to,although I know next to nothing about L Gaim except that Tomino did the series.With Tomino though how could you go wrong? :)
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:21 am

L-Gaim ran in 1984 - the golden days of giant robot shows. It was where Nagano Mamoru got a big start. He did all the mechanical designs. In many ways, he was stretching his wings and preparing for 5 Star Stories. I have some old L-Gaim books that have a lot of images that look like they were lifted from 5 Star Stories! Tomino complained in an interview once about how Nagano kept trying to contribute to the story instead of letting him take care of it.

When I look at Tomino's work I see a split around '89 or '90. The old Tomino gave us some great stuff like L-Gaim, Dunbine, MS Gundam and Ideon. The new Tomino is giving us Brain Powerd, Turn A Gundam and others that aren't as interesting to me.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.