A Desperate Plea for Help

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Desperate Plea for Help

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:59 pm

Well, I'm pretty desperate. Let me explain.

I've got a book with Katoki Sentinel illustrations in it but the book is 10 inches high and pretty wide. It doesn't fit on my scanner. Can anyone tell me where to buy a scanner that is wider than 8.5"? There's a Kinko's in town but they charge $25 for each and every scan that is larger than 8.5" x 11".
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:02 pm

The cost of a scanner for the size of pages you describe is going to be fairly steep,they make them for scanning blueprints and the like,because they're relatively specialized use.One way to get around the purchase of a scanner would be to scan half or even a quarter of the page and use a photo or paint program to stitch the pieces together.I don't know if MS paint has this feature or not,I seldom use MS paint,but Photoshop has it as does IPhoto plus 4,my personal favorite image program.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:49 pm

Epson makes an 11" by 17" scanner for $1,300. I'd like to get that next year but we'll see. Stitching images together is a major pain I'd like to avoid if at all possible. The Ex-S Gundam page for the Sentinel section of GEARS Online has been held up because I'm dreading doing two 2-page spreads.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.