Inception

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Mr March

Inception

Post by Mr March » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:30 am

Had a great time at the movies tonight and feeling a very strong need to post about "Inception", the new film from Christopher Nolan. It's that rare kind of film in which posting hyperbole-stuffed enthusiastic praise carries with it no guilt. Single-handedly saved summer movies...the one film that doesn't need 3D to sell the audience a heightened experience...a master filmmaker at the top of his game...a triumph that transcends the cliche of that label. I'd call "Inception" a religious experience if it weren't so damned good :)

"Inception" has a compelling story that demands your attention. A powerful cast so well utilized that not a single actor or line is wasted. An amazing score that one will not soon forget. Sublime camera work that never calls attention to itself and only draws you further in. Fantastic special effects that mesh with the film rather noticing where the money was spent. Masterful use of unique set design/locations to visually guide a complex narrative. Action packed, funny, dramatic and totally fulfilling. This is the first post-Matrix film to finally realize the FULL visual potential of that promise.

I wanted to watch "Inception" a second time before it was over. Even if you don't like the film, "Inception" is the best of the money you'll spend poorly ;) 5 out of 5.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inception

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:31 am

I hadn't heard of this movie but now I'm curious. I'll try to make time to check it out.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:18 pm

I saw it last night. Well thought-out, well written and well executed. A very good movie.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Glad you liked it. IMO, Inception is one of the best films this year, perhaps the best in several years.