Mazinger Z

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

o.o

Mazinger Z

Post by o.o » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:33 pm

o.o Just wondering if anyone here has seen Mazinger Z or Mazinkaiser images anywhere. I've looked all over the net, and nothing. Maybe Gears should stick a Mazinger Section up. With Mazinkaiser coming out in the USA, Mazinger should gain some fans.

If you've seen images, PM me o.o. I've looked all over.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:24 pm

A U.S. release? Now I'm interested. I found 2 decent artbooks of Shin Getter Robo a while back. I haven't seen any for the new Mazinger OAV series. Anyone know where they can be bought?

The only real images I can find are photos of toys and model kits. I think some art books will be available before long.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

o.o

Post by o.o » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:50 pm

Yeap. Mazinkaiser OAV. I saw it on Amazon, and a friend of mine owns it. I'm gonna pick it up myself. Until then, I held myself over with redoing the Geocities site up for Getter, Mazinger, Grendizer and the bunch. I'm going to find some artbooks or so as well. As far as Mazinger Artbooks... I haven't seen any, but they're bound to exist. I curse myself for not buying Super Robot Wars Alpha o.x

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:54 pm

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?FTB29324
That's the URL for Hobby Link Japan's Mazinger Bible, 504 pages for $30. I don't own a copy as I'm a little strapped for resources these days. If you buy it please let me know what you think of it.

Otaku.com let me know about a Mazinkaiser book but they said it's out of print. I guess you have to act fast when those art books hit the shelves.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:06 pm

Otaku.com put the Mazinkaiser book on order for me:

Description : Mazinkaiser MEMORIAL BOOK
Price : 34.95

They didn't guarantee they'd find it but they're looking.

o.o

Post by o.o » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:18 pm

Awesome. Hope we can look foreward to some scans. Mazinkaiser is in my opinion the coolest Mazinger Series bot o.o. It should be cool to see what the Mazinkaiser book has to offer.