Gundam Novels in English

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gundam Novels in English

Post by Tachyon » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:32 pm

Has anyone else read the Mobile Suit Gundam novels published in the U.S.? I'd look up the publication dates but just about everything I own is in storage.

I read them a few years back. Tomino wrote them in Japanese and they were translated. One of the interesting things about them was the alternate ending. Tomino also wrote 5 novels for Z Gundam and one for Char's Counterattack but they were never translated.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:01 am

I have wanted to get the orginal MSG novels badly, but they have been out of print.....

Luckily though, I do have a friend who gave me some info on the CCA novel. I figured there were Zeta novels, but I had not seen anthing of them.

The only Tomino book I have is the Crossbone Graphic Novel 1, and I am currently looking for the 2nd up to the 6th. Although I cannot read japanese, I do understand the plot, and have found transations for parts of the manga.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:08 pm

I had all three Gundam novels. Bought them as they were released back when I was in the Navy. Unfortunately, I've moved like 8 times since then and in the process, lost 2 of my novels (the 1st and 2cnd books). Being out of print, I can't find them again. Perhaps an internet search is in order...
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:23 am

abebooks.com?

I still have mine but they're in storage in Idaho. I thought it was interesting how the translator decided Char's name would be "Sha", which is how the Japanese pronounce it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:27 pm

I heard he changed Zaku into Zak too. Anyway, the JP versions are available on amazon Japan, and I plan to order it once I save up some money, just recently ordered the 6 Crossbone Gundam mangas, heh.

red_rhino

Post by red_rhino » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:52 am

I don't know if these are the ones you are talking about, but Wizard #148 it says that Tomino's original 3 Gundam novels "Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation" will be released in a book by the same name in April for $14.95

Hpe this helps, I think the company is Del Rey but the note isn't clear about it.