Just saying hello

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Mr March

Just saying hello

Post by Mr March » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:40 pm

Just joined and wanted to say hello. The Gearsonline website is quite good. There's plenty of information and images about quite a few anime shows I've always wanted to know about. The information about Gunbuster and Five Star Stories in particular is very good and I'm slowly going through it.

I'm a big Macross fan and I also really like Patlabor and some Gundam, but I don't think I'd call myself much of a mecha anime fan. I tend to appreciate mecha design more than I appreciate mecha shows. I adore the mecha designs of Evangelion (Kaiyodo's Revoltech figures are fantastic, if you don't already know), but don't care for the show. However, there are a few shows that I'd like to try, like Five Star Stories.

Well, it's good to be here and thanks for approving my registration. See you around the forums.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks for joining and I must say, your Web site is excellent. I've wanted to cover Macross in more depth here but 1) other people are already doing such a nice job and 2) I just don't have much time anymore.

We look forward to talking with you in the days ahead.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 am

Hey, the big guy himself! Thanks for the welcome Tachyon and the praise for my little 'ol site. Yes, I suppose one of the disadvantages of doing the Macross Mecha Manual is sapping the enthusiasm out of other Macross fans with similar ideas. I just felt such a large and loved franchise like Macross suffered from unrepresented mecha online. Didn't seem right for such a popular and long time franchise that's still going after 25 years.

But really, if more sites like yours and like mine could be made, it would be wonderful for the rest of us. One good site for Macross mecha, another for Gundam, another for Patlabor, another for Five Star Stories, another for Neon Genesis Evangelion and so forth. The result would be good quality mecha websites to peruse for fans of all the franchises. Oh, such wishful thinking :)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:41 pm

I have good material for Votoms, Patlabor, and others but my scanner is busted right now and I have to help my wife get through some junior college classes (we have 2 young children). I think by early or mid next year my situation should improve.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:43 pm

Damn that real life :) I know how it is. Last year was a busy for me and I moved across country. But this year slowed down and I took advantage of it to do this website. I'm trying to get as much stuff on the M3 now as possible before the end of the year because I've got a feeling things are going to get busy real soon.

I hope all goes well for you. More Patlabor stuff would definitely be a welcome sight on Gears. Talk about another unrepresented franchise online, Patlabor definitely needs more love :)