Veoh.com

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Veoh.com

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:15 pm

I've been hanging out at www.veoh.com this week and it's a really cool site. You can search for all kinds of mecha anime and watch it subtitled. Just this morning I found new Gaiking, Orguss (original series) and lots of Heroic Age. All of it subtitled and free.

This is the site to visit!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:26 am

Wow, this is a really cool website. I'm finally able to watch Orguss! I have always been a fan of eighties mech designs, so this is a real treat.

It is kind of stange watching Orguss though, I've always thought that Kei was pronounced "Key-A" but the characters in Orguss pronounce it more like "Kay". Are both pronounciations acceptable or have I been pronouncing it wrong?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:58 am

Orguss is coming to out on DVD from Imaginasian, you know that right? In fact Volume one is already available. You can only get it from them or Right Stuf international.

But yeah, Veoh rules, I found a ton of great Puroresu matches in full on that site.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Orguss is coming to out on DVD from Imaginasian, you know that right?
I know, I just lack the funds to purchase it at the moment. College is kind of eating away at my savings.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:43 pm

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 4826/4/0/0

The link above leads one to a page on Right Stuff Intl's site that claims the first Orguss DVD won't be available until Aug. 14th. I'm going to buy it on that day. I prefer to watch anime on my TV with remote in hand.

Based on what I've heard about the VHS release in the past, I just feel "iffy" about whether or not I can trust all of Orguss to come out on DVD. I don't feel guilty watching it on veoh.com (still need to find time to start watching the episodes) because I'm supporting the DVD release with my wallet.

As for the new Gaiking, I'm not sure it's going to come out on DVD in North America. I know watching anime on the Internet is a touchy subject for many people because of ethical concerns and copyrights. I don't want to condone anything illegal. But since people can't buy Heroic Age or the new Gaiking over here I don't feel bad about watching fansubs online.

On the subject of Heroic Age, I finished the first 15 episodes and I'm hooked. If it ever comes out on DVD in North America I will definitely buy it. I can watch it with my dad and brothers if it gets dubbed.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.