what is your favor mecha anime scenes?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

2000YearsOldMan

what is your favor mecha anime scenes?

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:22 am

-Gunbuster's first battle
Gunbuster slowly rise up from the spaceship, then start kicking space alien's ass.
Another my favor mecha scene is the opening of Gundam F91.
Lights in the dark, door crack open MS slowly floting toward to the screen, then the Gundam F91's title pop out.(kind copy for gundam 0079's opening)
vid link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqbZjMuJfg
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:16 am

Well one is from the original Gundam where during a land battle with a Gouf, Amruo's beam saber dies on him in mid-thrust yet the handle keeps going and makes a huge dent in the Gouf cockpit anyway and the reaction of the Gouf pilot is priceless.
Another priceless look on their face moment is in Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz when Marimeia tells Heero to see just how powerless he really is and Heero goes "Roger that." and proceeds to blast away the bunker doors with the TBR. :D She totally didn't expect him to call her on that one.

@2000YearsOldMan: Two things. One please shrink down that avatar of yours. I'm useing a large screen resolution and I still have to side scroll the window, which is annoying. Two, the scene with the Gunbuster's first battle can be viewed here it its entirety.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:10 am

Time to shrink the avatar, 2000YearsOldMan.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:45 am

Lolita Fan Service! :D
Justice will never lose!

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:10 am

Kuruni wrote:Lolita Fan Service! :D
There's no help for your soul no more.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:22 pm

ok, I shrink the avata. :o

StarBomber109

Re: what is your favor mecha anime scenes?

Post by StarBomber109 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:15 am

2000YearsOldMan wrote:-Gunbuster's first battle
Gunbuster slowly rise up from the spaceship, then start kicking space alien's ass.
http://static.flickr.com/142/318359657_0454373851_o.jpg
Hells yeah!

and also from DieBuster, Buster Machine #7

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Too many favorites to list-

Major Contenders-

Gundam 0080- the Cyclops Team assault on the Arctic Base. The way the Hygoogs move! love it. It is particularly cool when the damaged GM shoots itself!

Gundam 0080- the fight between the Kampher and the Alex

Gundam 0083-The assault on the Kimbareid Diamond Mine-the whole fight, from beginning to end.

Gundam 0083- The fight btween the Albion and the Cima Fleet wher the GP01 gets trashed and has to crashland.

Gundam 0083- any scene witht the Neue Ziel- I absolutely love that Mobile Armor- even when its sxtanding still, it looks good-

Gundam 0083- lets face it ALL the Mecha action in this OAV rocks.

08th MS Team- Gouf Custom! nuff said!

Bubblegujm Crisis- Episode V- the fight with the D.D. battlemover

Macross DYRL- the fight between Max and Milia-trapped in an airlock together at point blank range - they hit everything but each other! When the lights go out- they keep fighting by sigting on each others muzzel flashes!

Patlabor II- the assualt on Tokyo by gunships!

Macross Plus- Episode IV- ALL OF IT!

Macross Plus- the opening of the OAV- Dyson scores 6 kills in under 60 seconds! the bayonet scene was particularly cool.

Macross Plus- the training montage- ending with the YF-19 outscoring the YF-21 - especially the Low-level flyby- INVERTED.

Escaflowne- the scene where the Escaflowne is first revealed- then ambushed by the Dragon Hunters

Giant Robo Vs. Uranus along the sea shore-

Gunbuster Episode Six- All of it-I cry every time I watch that episode.

Wings of Honniamise- the attack on the launch site and subsequent launch of the rocket loved the dogfight between the prop fighters and the early jets

Sol Bianca-pretty much the whole damn OAV- I particularly like the sniper rifle from orbit!

Coyboy BeBop- the launch of the Space Shuttle! I love the alternate launch plan.

Legend of Galactic Heroes/Irresponsible Captain Tylor- tied for best Space Battle choriographed to a piece of classical music! Bolero/William Tell respectively

Macross Zero- the first transformation - when you see the transformation from INSIDE the cockpit.

Macross Zero- the fight on the carrier - Even though they were outmatched, the Destroids pulled off some sweet moves- and the Reactive Armor was SWEET.

Madox 01- the opening animation- want to know what real mecha will look like?- right there!

Zeorymer- the weapon transformations of Bryst and Gallowyn and Rose Se la Vie of the Moon

The list goes on...

It's funny though, most of my favorite scenes in Anime tend to be character and drama related, rather than Mecha related- I tend to react more emotionally to the B/W line art rather than to the actual animation. I guess it's because I can infer more information about how it works that way.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:39 am

thanks for the great link StarBomber109.

_Gunbuster Episode Six- All of it-I cry every time I watch that episode._
Me too. :wink:

ChangeFavic

Much be?

Post by ChangeFavic » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:19 am

I kinda remember, way back watching cartoon network that i only remember mine real favorite mobile suit is The Blue Zaku "The Gouf Custom" from the classic gundam 0079, where it was a pilot by Ramba Ral.

I also, love the Gouf skill.

At least, i remember Ramba Ral was fighting again Amruo.

Spaceseeker51

Post by Spaceseeker51 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Hmmm, most of the fights from Macross '84, black and white Gunbuster episode (I think that's #6), most of the fights from Giant Robo (mecha or otherwise), Gundam 0083, the first fight from Shin Getter Robo (Shin Getter Robo with a gatling rifle that shoots Getter missiles if I recall correctly). Non-mecha fight would have to be the first M-66 interception scene by the army in Black Magic M-66.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Heavy Metal L-Gaim.