Things You Never Knew...

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Things You Never Knew...

Post by Tachyon » Sat May 01, 2004 11:50 pm

For me, one of the fun things about running this Web site is learning about other mecha fans.

After studying the site's statistics and reading Emails received in recent months, I'm learning more about mecha fans around the world. I never thought this site would be noticed outside the U.S. but there are many fans in Italy and Latin American countries that are tuning in. They have been watching translated super robot shows from Japan for decades and roam the Web looking for good images, info, etc. Go Nagai is apparently a big name in Italy and Spanish-speaking countries. (Makes me wish I had better Mazinger and Getter Robo material. I have lots for Shin Getter Robo but I don't think that would make them happy.)

I wonder what other surprises are up ahead.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sun May 02, 2004 1:57 am

I wish there were more fans from Bangladesh >.>

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun May 02, 2004 3:15 am

That surprised me to,I met an anime fan from Peurto Rico awhile back and he was telling me that Great Mazinger was practically a national hero there.Apparently,from what he said,the super robots are much more popular there than the realistic ones.There are also several Italian gundam sites that are quite comprehensive aswell,one of them rivals MAHQ in images and information.
Do you understand?

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sun May 02, 2004 4:52 pm

Here is from Thailand. :D While robot anime aren't really that huge stream here. There are large number of SRWish people who love them. :D