What's Everyone Up To This Summer?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's Everyone Up To This Summer?

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:10 am

Is everyone having a nice summer? I'm mostly busy keeping up with my 2 boys but things are going well here. Tomorrow I leave for a 2 day Web conference in Seattle. My office is paying for the whole thing. 8) I'll have extra time in the evenings to read over Mark Stout's episode guide for Orguss.

The secret project is dragging out a bit. It's partly historical preservation as the pages I scanned are degrading fast. More on that later.

What's everyone else up to?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:28 am

My ussual uneventful daily life. Except my PC's monitor start to malfunction and my scanner refuse to work (once again).
Justice will never lose!

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:49 pm

Pretty much the same ol' same ol', work and college. I do plan on a family trip this summer, but with gas prices topping $3.00/gl. it will have to be a closer to home outting.
Do you understand?

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:46 am

Hustlin' baby, hustlin'.

Trying to keep my GPA out of the toilet (whod'a thunk animation and game analysis could be so time consuming?), waiting to hear from my new drawing job (ah, the joys of character design approval...) and attempting to hold down a part-time gig here in town. Out of all of 'em, I'm thinking of giving Convergys (the part-time job) the boot, so I'll have more time to get my schoolwork done.

Tachyon: I got your message. Let me get some of these fires put out around here first... :-/

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:38 pm

I'm back from Seattle and I took some good notes at the Web designers conference. I got to meet one of my heroes, Molly Holzschlag. She's taking the fight to the powers that be in order to help us Web developers. Yeah!

I learned IE7 isn't going to support CSS generated content because of philosophical differences of opinion at Microsoft. My work is going to be harder because some egghead in Redmond doesn't like generated content?! What kind of crap is that?!

After hearing a talk on user feedback I'm going to try a survey for Gears Online. I'll throw in a prize to encourage participation.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.