Fiddlin' Around

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fiddlin' Around

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:31 am

I'm taking a low impact weekend this time. I'll do Gears Online's first DVD backup of high res Photoshop files. This will be the first time I've taken steps to preserve the work I've done over the past few years on mecha images.

Image clean up for my secret project is going well. The Quo Vadis images are cleaned up and ready for resizing for the Web. It will be a small section but interesting nonetheless.

I finally sat down and gathered together the materials that will be used for the Orguss and Gall Force sections. Mark Stout's Orguss page is so good it's hard to imagine a better one. However, there are images he isn't displaying and I noticed some things I'd do differently.

As for Gall Force:
http://the.animearchive.org/gallforce/1/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tsunami/gallforce/

The 2 pages above have plenty of content but I still think Gears Online has something to offer.

Can anyone submit a list of the mecha and characters that were in Super Robot Wars Alpha?

That's what I'm up to. How about you guys? I'd like to see some more chatter around here if people have time.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:21 pm

The Gall Force page doesn't have any Paranoid mecha designs and nothing from Rhea Gall Force/Earth Chapter.

I really liked the Paranoid Ship designs and have yet to find any of them anywhere
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:31 pm

Daishikaze, I'm always happy to chat with a fellow Gall Force fan. Yesterday I received Sonoda's Gallant II art book so that makes 7 books I've assembled for the Gall Force section. I will cover Gall Force Star Front as well as the "Gall Force" 3 part series. I have a lot of material and the subtitled DVD's to watch for reference. The Paranoid forces will be well covered. There will be a color illustration gallery but I will focus on images that feature mecha/ships.

I have only a Rhea Gall Force book ready for the scanner but I'm pretty sure I could get my hands on an Earth Chapter B Club Special. I'm going to wait until the first series is covered, though.

I wish I could tell you it's coming soon but I have 7 more images to clean up for the secret project and then there's the Orguss section.

Although I'll miss them, my wife and boys will be gone for most of January and all of February so that will leave me with more than a month and a half to dive into Web projects.

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:28 am

Hey Y'All:

I just finished my revised character sketches - hopefully they'll get accepted the second time around. I tell ya, I really had a hard time drawing Hugh Jackman - all the reference photos of him look different! But, I was able to put together a composite picture of him; cross your fingers that they accept it so I can get my first paycheck.

All this non-fantasy peoplin' around has sparked my lust to draw mecha again. To that end, I'll be printing out my roughs and getting started on them tomorrow.

Oh, and school starts tomorrow... aaAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!! I have to re-take a course from last term - I HATE that. Oh well, here's hoping I can recycle my earlier work - I AIN'T going researching on more videogames for this dumb class. If I can recycle, all I have to worry about is the Group Presentation which died last term due to lack of interest by any of my other "teammates". Screw it - I'm just doing it all myself this time. That way, I KNOW the project will be done.

All this and more outstanding commissions... Tune in tomorrow - same Gorg-time, same Gorg-channel!!! (Props to all who get that joke!)^_^

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:12 am

No Rush Tachyon, its good to know that Gall Force will be on the receiving end of the Gears Online Magic. I'm glad that there are people still interested in Gall Force after all these years, Most people I talk to don't have a clue about it.

It seems ARTMIC's work doesn't get any respect these days, which is sad considering the anime fandom is bigger than its ever been.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Kuruni

Re: Fiddlin' Around

Post by Kuruni » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 am

Tachyon wrote:Can anyone submit a list of the mecha and characters that were in Super Robot Wars Alpha?
What kind of list you want? Just Banpresto's Original or complete list of all mech and character?
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:41 pm

What kind of list you want? Just Banpresto's Original or complete list of all mech and character?
I guess start with the original and we can work from there.