Something that surprised me.

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

kosh

Something that surprised me.

Post by kosh » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:36 pm

I was just on MAHQ and read something sort of remarkable.Someone posted a request for info on Okawara and one of the mods directed him here for biographical info.I hate to say this but I found this rather remarkable,what thinks you Tachyon?
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm surprised too. Pretty cool, though. I thought they hated me over there.

Well, this calls for a little update. I found some improved "credits" info for Okawara and Izubuchi.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:17 am

Good to know the site's getting popular. And why did you think they hated you Tach?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:26 am

I put a link to this site on their message board and it was edited to make me look like I was spamming. I talked to one of the site administrators about it through Email and he said some things that weren't very kind.

After that I decided not to have a presense on the message board. Perhaps I overreacted. I don't worry about it much these days.

It's cool their moderators are mentioning Gears Online. If anyone asks me for more mobile suit tech specs I'll send them over to MAHQ.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:45 pm

Ya know,thinking about it,this is one of the very few sites that I have ever seen mentioned by name on their forums by a mod and something else,I've seen other requests for info for school papers posted there and they were edited to trash or just closed as spam.Maybe they're starting to mellow a little over there or they realized that Gears on line is second to none for info and art,because as good as MAHQ is,their equivelant sections on gundam can't stand up to the art you've got Tachyon.The big thing MAHQ has got over most sites,aside from scheer volume of images,is the excellant technical stats for each mobile suit,I can't imagine the time it took to compile all that info in total and the only place I've seen that competes in the volume catagory is the Mobile Suit League and its' big draw back for the typical westerner is that it's in Chinese and a good portion of western gundam fans don't speak or read Chinese and the translator sites(like Babelfish)are of limited use in translating technical info from Gundam and other mecha animes.
Do you understand?