Cloning - Quite Controversial

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cloning - Quite Controversial

Post by Tachyon » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:33 pm

No one has successfully cloned a human being - yet. A few animals have been cloned but science has yet to pull it off with people.

A lot of people are hoping science never crosses that bridge. From what I understand, federal law in the U.S. will punish anyone who clones a human being. The European Union has denounced the idea several times. Why all the controversy? In vitro vertalization had people up in arms in the 1970's but now no one seems to be bothered by it. I just can't see what's so upsetting about cloning.

Does it bother any of you guys?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:02 pm

Well, I think that cloning would be okay, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, such as making all children the same, homogenized people.

Basically, science should process with the yellow light. You can still go, but not full speed, and with caution. I heard that in Japan, they are cloning frog organs, but all they're are getting is random body parts, like half an eye, a liver, lungs, then two eyes. Its grown in this special syrum. Sounds creepy, don't it?

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:47 am

No more creepy than organ transplants would have seemed 100 years ago.Now it's common place,I for one wish the science was more advanced for raesons that hit right at home.Give it time to develop and develop properly and it could be a wonderous gift to mankind,misused however and it could be a nightmare of unknown proportions.Proper constraints should be implemented and proper supervision of research should be exercised,but it should be allowed to be developed.
Do you understand?