V-Siren here ^^

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

V-Siren

V-Siren here ^^

Post by V-Siren » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:18 am

Hey everybody....nice forum around ya got here...kinda odd,I dint find the introductions section. So i thaught this would be best place to do so...he he.

Well i joined the site cuz i want to start getting myself some fss kits and maybe get into the anime/manga cuz really i have no idea what it is about.The mecha design really got me intrigued so yup...

im a big...and i mean Big! gundam fan!...been watching all kinds og gundam series for years now...and i must say..their great. But once i saw fss mortar headds on gears online..i freaked...the designs are so much cooler!

So i hope i could meet so nice ppl here and help me out wiht my modeling and getting into fss....lol i really want the prominence and v-siren models...lol

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:24 am

Welcome to the discussions! There's lots of information and help to be found here.

Have you read the FSS manga in English?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:42 am

Welcome!

There are a few people who post regularly about FSS model kits on this site, in fact, the FSS Modelling section is probably the most active part of this message board, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding help from those guys there.

We also have a fairly extensive site dedicated to the FSS manga here, so feel free to peruse and don't be afraid to ask questions in the FSS Talk message board.
Shinei!

V-Siren

Post by V-Siren » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:16 am

Heh...thx guys....and no i nver read the manga...dunno where to get the torrent...nor have i seen the anime...if there is even a anime.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:31 am

V-Siren

Post by V-Siren » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:38 pm

Cool....but no torrents?I usually get my animes and manga from torrent sites?...you guys dotn have that here do ya? lol is it aloud?

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:03 pm

Lol, nothing of that kind is allowed :P
Just kinda tolerated when it's not translated (cuz' if they sell so much DVD pack and mangas now, it's because of sub/scan, at least the anime/manga industry seems to understand it... They even quickly lowered the price, I remember a few years ago when an Evangelion DVD, with 2 episodes, was 30-35$... Lol, I mean... WTF ?!
Ok, maybe if sells drop, P2P will be the ultimate evil incarnate again... :roll: ).

Well in the case of FSS there's an english translation, but it's like they make their best for you not to find it (at least outside of the US/Canada). So... (the publication pace also shows that if FSS had to stop sometime, it would have already I guess... Being an FSS fan means being patient and keeping your fingers crossed night & day, which make it a bit complicate in every day life...)
Anyway FSS is this kind of work of art that you either venerate (=buy) or don't care at all.

You can find some big *.rar files of the whole manga scanned on the emule network. But it's in Korean I think. At least it gives you an idea of how it looks, of how the style changed along the years (the first books aged a bit) and how awesome it must be to understand this epic tale.

You can watch the anime if you want an idea of what FSS is (FEMC and KOG fights), but it's not as good as the manga. What I really don't like I think are the voices. Yeah Ama'/Sopp is not really a male, neither a female, but his voice sounds really "shojo" in the anime. Lachesis & Clotho have boring voices too if I remember well. Wayyy to "emo" :P Hard to tell, but most of the voices doesn't sound as I think they should.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm guessing you can find bit torrents of the anime movie but I wouldn't know where to look. I like the manga better but I like the movie too.

Here at Gears Online we encourage people to buy the manga if they want to read it in English. If manga sales are strong there's a higher chance of us seeing book 11 translated.

V-Siren

Post by V-Siren » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:16 pm

ohh cool...well...id buy it...but i really dont have the cash for it.Im suprised that the models cost so much...so the money im saving well hopefully go to that....but i hope i can buy the manga somewhere.....

Some of the scans on gearsonline really got me interested....like the horned mirage ones...and the cross mirage ones...

Although like i said i like getting things off bittorent...but since you guys seems to want book eleven that much...then i guess i could try and save up..