the new guy

Share your work with the online community

Moderator: kosh

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:42 am

yes it was. I liked the idea of naming a warmachine after a man/deity symbolising peace and inner calm :D
also religion features heavily in the story...

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 pm

Updated design on the STuGG.
redrew the feet and some details.

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:04 am

another new one :D

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:04 am

Nice design! Can I safely assume this one and the Zidharta are on the same side?

I've been wondering on how you draw your mecha. Do you use a simple "skeleton" and then draw over that? or do you draw the pieces separatly and then combine them? or maybe even freehand the entire thing in one go? I'm sorry if it seems like I'm prying but I am fascinated by your mecha designs.

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:56 am

you are correct, they are both used by the same military faction.

I never use a skeleton, sometimes I draw parts seperately, sometimes I draw up a rough and do a clean trace of it. these however were made, as you said, freehand in one go.

and feel free to ask anything :D

here’s a size comparison pic of the two mechs and a pilot:

Engage

Post by Engage » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:16 pm

Nice! I really like the pilot! How many people does it take to pilot the one on the right (I didn't catch it's name)? It looks like it could fit at least two...

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:26 am

it’s called Dargha-Zatwa. and yeah, it’s a two-seater.

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 pm

latest one :D

Ganadhje

Engage

Post by Engage » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:50 pm

Nice design, yet again. The color scheme seems to be based on the Swedish flag, which is cool.

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:57 pm

thanks!
actually, the swedish flag is yellow/blue. (really awful BTW)
this scheme is based on a penguin 8)

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:40 am

:D Haha! That's awesome (a scheme based on a penguin that is)!
actually, the swedish flag is yellow/blue. (really awful BTW)
:D Don't tell that to my family. My family is really proud of our Swedish heritage and we hold a Swedish smorgasboard (however you spell it) every year, print calenders, buy Swedish foods, etc. I don't really care though, seeing as I don't really like Swedish food and my parents won't let me try glög (though I see why :wink: ).

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:52 am

smörgåsbord :D y’know we don’t really do that :wink:
and we don’t eat much of the typical swedish food either. guess we have gotten a bit assimilated by american culture. lots of greasy fast food here too.

glögg is pretty good though :)

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:18 am

Well, whether you do eat like that our not, my grandparents are not going to budge on their Swedish feast. It's kind of funny really, my grandmother (who is married to the Swede that started my families traditional smörgåsbord) is mostly German and my family doesn't do anything German, it's all Swedish celebrations and whatnot. I do like the German spritz though (one of the things my grandmother makes frequently), a damn good cookie.

Well, after going off on that tangent, back to your design. I was wondering: what does the cockpit look like? Is it a 'typical' cockpit (like in Gundam, seeing as that is th most frequently appearing cockpit design), or something more 'fantastic' like the WALDO setups (such as Ma.K (or SF3D, whichever you prefer) where the arm is directly linked to the arm of the mecha. An exaggerated form of WALDO is seen in FSS)?

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:42 am

does that mean you have a swedish last name? :D

something in between those two, but really cramped. I’m working on some open hatch pictures as well as cockpit interiors, so you’ll see for yourself eventually.

Engage

Post by Engage » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:22 am

Technically yes, but I'll go more in depth (there's ALOT of history in my family and it gets pretty crazy at times). My middle and last names are Swedish, though my last name became shortened when my great grandparents moved to America. My first name is apparently Hebrew, which is kinda odd, concidering my family is not Jewish and has never been Jewish. Had I been born a girl however, I would have had the full blown Swedish name. Annika Emilia, the first and middle name, respectivly.

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to see your pictures! :D

...damn I should get drawing!