Hello

Share your work with the online community

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:04 pm

More angular than Nagano draws them but very nice work.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Jagd Mirage™

Post by Jagd Mirage™ » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Well, as much as I like Nagano's style I prefer to not copy it, it didn't turn out as good as I expected sadly.. my mechanical pencil stopped working and I was forced to switch to a regular one. :/
Thanks for the appreciation, hoped I would get more but it seems everybody forgot this place. :[

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:35 pm

I love your style! This is probably some of the best fan-made mecha art I've seen in a good long while. You've got good form and nice spacial composition. The angular interpretation to Nagumo's work is very interesting. I had no idea the FSS-style baroque mecha would look good in such a style, but they look awesome the way you did it.

I'm not sure if the high quality of your art is standard here at gearsonline (since I'm a newb). But as a veteran of countless message boards that feature fan art, it's a pleasure to see someone like you post work of professional quality in the fan art section. Well done!

Jagd Mirage™

Post by Jagd Mirage™ » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:15 pm

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me want to do more since I don't want to let FSS go unnoticed. I try to capture the feel of the mecha the way the original designer wanted it to be, so I meddle around with perspective untill i find a good angle that shows off the mech good.

Thanks again for making fan-art a pleasure! :]

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm

You're welcome. Trust me, it's a nice change to find a fan artist like yourself that produces work worth complimenting. If your work wasn't good, I wouldn't hand out praise. There's far too many lousy artists online to encourage them to draw more crap :) I'm glad to see your stuff on Deviant art. There's a lot of fine artists on that site and it's always fun to surf around.